Search results

1. S

How bad can this CD player with optical out be for $70

Looking to add a tiny desktop CD player to my workstation to sit on top of my topping DAC. Hard to find CD players with digital outputs in tiny sizes at reasonable prices. I'm not sold on this form factor but the size and price is right. What do you think could go wrong...
  2. S

Budget desktop disc (CD) player?

Any recommendations on an affordable, let's say less than $300, CD player? My wishlist: - digital output (transport) - desktop form factor, e.g. not 17" wide - reliable - plays SACD? (This is bottom of the pile) - under $300 new or used I'm considering getting into buying CDs with the...
  3. S

2 way passive speaker on its side as a center channel?

Are there any particular problems taking a standard 2 way bookshelf speaker and laying it on it's side to use as a center channel under a screen? Presumably the tweeter should also be rotated if not a dome?
  4. S

audyssey multeq for stereo?

Now that I have my basic equipment and my new listening space set up it's time to start on room correction. Here's my current system - Sources: -Turntable through a phono preamp -Television with audio out via HDMI or Optical (apps like Netflix) -Streamer (currently HEOS built in the AVR but may...
  5. S

WTB: 2 ch power amp. Budget ~$200

Looking for a 2 channel power amp for my front speakers. Using a Marantz NR1509 AVR pre-outs. Currently looking to power a pair of Elac Debut Reference DBR62 bookshelves but will likely upgrade to towers at some point. Budget of $200. Located in USA. Thanks Smitty
  6. S

Speaker location and listening position

Just got a new house and listening spot and am auditioning two sets of bookshelves: Elac DBR62 and Alexis Sound Rebecca (Designed by Dennis Murphy/Philharmonic). Will eventually add a center and sub for a 3.1 system. Currently the speakers are 120" apart with the listening chair halfway between...
  7. S

$500 to put together a desktop audio setup

If you had a $500 budget what would you do for a desktop audio setup? I'd be using my Windows PC as a source and already have headphones (Sennheiser HD598SR current using Apple USB-C dongle DAC). Speakers - passive or powered? Electronics - Separate DAC with powered speakers? Integrated with...
  8. S

Suggestions for thin on-wall speakers?

Building out a new watching and listening area on a 3rd floor pop-up of our row home in Washington, DC. My challenge is that the speakers and TV are at the top of the stairs and anything deeper than 5" or 6" will begin to block the entryway. Originally I wanted to go with in-wall speakers...
Top Bottom