Search results

1. Revelation Sound

Parasound JC2 preamp

In reading reviews and YouTube video on this preamp, they give the impression of the clarity, the exquisite detail and clean sound it provides. I think it would improve the sound over my current NAD 658 preamp. Now the JC2 does not have a phono preamp which is fine as I already have the...
  2. Revelation Sound

Parasound XRM vs JC3 JR Phono Preamp

For those who have heard both phono preamps, how much of a difference would you expect to hear with the JC3 JR over the XRM? 5% or 10% improvement or is it even greater. They both offer 60db with the RCA outputs. My preamp does not have additional XLR inputs so I would have to use the RCA...
  3. Revelation Sound

Should I upgrade my Dual CS 5000 turntable with a MC cartridge or get a Rega P6 with same cartridge?

I have a Dual CS 5000 turntable that I have had for over 25 plus years. Its rock solid, no issues, but I have a MM Grado Cartridge on it. I'm thinking about either upgrading it with a MC Ania Pro cartridge or upgrading to the Rega P6 with the same Ania Pro cartridge. I will say the Dual CS 5000...
  4. Revelation Sound

McIntosh MP100 phono preamp vs Parasound JC3 Jr

I currently have a NAD 658 pre into a McIntosh MC152 amp. I found every time I switch from CD or streaming to phono, that the volume is much lower with my MM Cartridge. I am considering purchasing either the Parasound JC3 jr or the McIntosh MP100 phono preamp. I talked to one on line store that...
  5. Revelation Sound

Anyone had like a $800 turntable and upgraded to a $2,000 plus turntable and notice much difference?

If you used the same cartridge and phono amp, I am wondering how much of a difference would you notice between a mid level turntable and a higher end turntable. I would think part of the difference would be less vibrations? Hence the reason I purchased a Isoacoustic zaZen vibration reduction...
  6. Revelation Sound

McIntosh MC152 amp

I received the McIntosh MC152 today and thanks to a McIntosh Unboxing Video online, it helped me get this heavy amp out of the box safely by myself. The unit looks really nice, and I am one that loves the blue meters. I let the amp warm up for an hour before I used it with my NAD 658 preamp and...
  7. Revelation Sound

PS Audio M700 vs NAD 298 amp

I am curious if anyone compared these two amps or heard both of them. Is there any big difference in their sound? Granted the M700 has more watts; many claim separate enclosures for mono amps also provide some advantage...though I think it depends on the design. This Class D amps have a lot of...
Top Bottom