Search results

1. G

Gustard X18 Review (Stereo DAC)

How did you compare? what is you audio stack? Btw, thank you for the suggestion re: X18 vs X26Pro
  2. G

Gustard X18 Review (Stereo DAC)

so if I am looking for hi end DAC, is there a point going for Gustard X26Pro or am i better off just geting X18 (and saving some money)? what did they improve in X26Pro to justify the price tag?
  3. G

Gustard X16 VS X18 DACs

That's shows that you are not approaching it as an engineer. I am not diminishing your opinion, just your way of judging mine. What Amir measurement shows is that the parameters he measures are close in a few top DACs he measures. He does not measure how they sound, does he? We imply that the...
  4. G

Gustard X16 VS X18 DACs

What is your evidence that these different circuits produce the same signal? As an engineer I'd rather assume the opposite. We don't have to go far - even the same implementation in a stereo amp can produce channels imbalance. There is a variation for every capacitor, transistor and other...
  5. G

Gustard X16 VS X18 DACs

That's funny. I am an engineer and do not believe in 'magic' cables and that sort of things of course. But stating that all DACs should sound the same is a bit... simplistic. Even if they built on the same ESS chip. If one has any technical background they surely understand there is a lot of...
  6. G

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Hi all, I've got this amp recently given good reviews and measurement but I have to say it falls short of my expectations (or my expectations were unreasonable). I compare it to simaudio moon 430HA (which was 7 times more expensive when i bought it), and I can tell the difference straight away...
  7. G

Dan Clark aeon noire?

One can fix frequency response with eq if the headphones can take it (not guaranteed). There are other things that affect our listening - TDH etc. and those things can not be fixed with eq. Expensive headphones and speakers tend to be better overall because the driver technology is better. There...
  8. G

Drop Ether CX Review (Closed Planar Headphone)

I have both Drop Ether CX and HE6SE v2 (for now). I compared both equalized as suggested in this forum. In my subjective opinion, Drop Ether CX sound more neutral (equal boring for some) and is more even across the spectrum. Sound stage seems to be a tiny bit better. The details may be a tad...
  9. G

headphones ratings relative to peers?

@jae: great link. I had something similar in mind - see my prev post. I agree 'personal ranking' is the thing that matters, but there are 100s of HP on the market - as someone new to the HP audio I'd rather start trying from a few good ones. My ears tend to agree with the measurements to a big...
  10. G

@Earfonia : I appreciate your 2 cents, obviously having done some HP review you know the situation better. However, let me throw in a couple of thoughts: 1. Yes, a direct comparison of headphone model A to model B do not add much value to the reader. In the end of the day we are all after the...
  11. G

Tastes differ in headphones for sure. But the same is true for wine. Still, there is a system for wine (far from perfect of course).
  12. G

Hi All! I am new here but I am fascinated by the lack of bs on this forum (as oppose to some other audio forums - names do not matter). The measurement system makes total sense to me except one thing - there is no subjective rating of the headphones relative to the peers in the same price range...
  13. G

DAC up to 3500-4K budget- diminishing returns

Hi all, I am looking for a serious upgrade to my home music, so looking for a hi-end DAC. I can dedicate up to 3500-4K budget for the DAC should/if I need to, but after listening to a few hi-end (simaudio moon circa $7K, bryston) and other hi-fi (onkyo) I am not sure what the point of...
Top Bottom