Search results

1. Z

What is the point of CD rips?

I personally look for original mix/master versions of albums (aka first pressing releases). You will find the streaming services have all sorts of different releases...some of them are horrible in my opinion. I wish bands would release every version on streaming services, but people like myself...
  2. Z

Spyware In Cars - It's Worse Than You Think

My auto insurance went sky high my last renewal. I have perfect credit, no claims, no marks on my driving record. Insurance companies (yes, I got quotes and also talked to a broker) said the same old BS - covid, inflation, and then a few local things like fires and KIA gang. No one ever...
  3. Z

Best headphones in the $500-$800ish range?

HIFIMAN Sundara scores a 95 when it comes to matching the Harman curve and 100 with PEQ. I would say that it pretty awesome objectively. Rankings: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/blob/master/results/RANKING.md PEQ Settings: https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets/
  4. Z

REW 10-Band PEQ

Makes sense now. Thank you all!
  5. Z

REW 10-Band PEQ

Oh, okay. I guess I was thinking that the EQs only showed after running the correction algorithm. So untick 6 of 16 and then run the correction algorithm to generate the generic PEQ file?
  6. Z

REW 10-Band PEQ

I used REW this weekend to measure my room and create a PEQ file. I noticed that REW generated 16-bands. How can I limit this to only 10-bands? Some of the new DACs coming out (e.g., Topping) will have a built-in 10-band PEQ function. Just trying to educate myself now since I really like the...
  7. Z

Harman Curve for the Low End

Where are you all getting official PEQ settings for the Harman house curve? My understanding is that there are several and the latest version is from 2019. I cannot seem to find the official PEQs though...
  8. Z

DACs with built in PEQ like RME?

Has anyone heard any details/ETA on the Topping D90III supposedly getting PEQ via a firmware update?
  9. Z

Apple Music lossless is finally coming to Windows 11!

Windows Store updated the app yesterday to a new version. I cannot find release notes and still no WASAPI output.
  10. Z

total EQ newbie with questions

This is good info! Thank you both! I am now looking at the Sonarworks SoundID Reference app for Windows as a potential EQ to try out and use. How are you all outputting sound from your favorite music player app? I am assuming you wont be able to use WASAPI exclusive mode in something like...
  11. Z

total EQ newbie with questions

I am curious about EQ. I have never attempted this before, but I do calibrate my home theater, so why not my 2-channel "audiophile" rig? :D So historically, I have always been in the mindset that NOTHING should touch the source file. In the Windows world, this means WASAPI must be used. EQ seems...
  12. Z

Apple Music LosslessSwitcher app for Mac

iPadOS and iOS devices will auto change bit depth and sample rate. macOS devices will not. Annoying that macOS still hasn’t had this fixed.
  13. Z

Serious? This is big news! So you are saying that your DAC auto switches to different bit depths and sample rates depending on the track you are playing in Apple Music? To my knowledge, macOS has never been able to do this....only iOS and iPadOS has this capability.
  14. Z

Has anyone tested Apple Music in Ventura to see if automatic bit depth/sample rate works now? I am not getting my hopes up...
  15. Z

Apple Music lossless is finally coming to Windows 11!

I played with the Apple Music Preview app and I am not seeing an exclusive/WASAPI mode unfortunately.
  16. Z

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Top rated (SINAD) DAC and pre-amp from Topping. My OCD feels much better now. ;) Purifi amps. I also no longer worry about stuff like most all "high-end" cabling and power management products. Feels good.
  17. Z

Power Conditioner Question - replacement for aging Monster Power HTS 3600 MKII

I use Brickwall surge units https://www.brickwall.com/
  18. Z

VTV Purifi Eval-1 build

Sorry...just now seeing this. I did get my amp back and it is working without issues. :)
  19. Z

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Hopefully the more powerful version gets rid of the volume control, adds speakon and integrates the power supply.
Top Bottom