Search results

1. D

BestBuy to stop selling CDs... Target may be next

Wow. Didn't even know Best Buy was still in business. Thought they disappeared with Circuit City.
  2. D

Google Pixel 2 has the best camera of any smartphone

It started out as Compact Digital Disc. Don't know when or why the second D was dropped in abbreviaions.
  3. D

What are we listening to right now..

Layla and Other Love Songs. byDerek and the Dominoes
  4. D

KODAK Ektra

Wile E. Coyote now works for the BBC, apparently. Good thing the Acme Corporation is still in bidnis.
  5. D

KODAK Ektra

They keep pushing back the delivery on my flying car.
  6. D

KODAK Ektra

Hey Sal, Your faded prints were badly washed and/or not stabilised. If the latter, you can regenerate the dyes which have oxidised. Like any human endeavor, corners are often cut.
  7. D

Photography and copyrights behind this famous image

If I make a photograph of a product for an ad, I own the rights. The logo may be owned by my client, but not the image in question.People making imitations own the rights to their imitations, but can run afoul of the law if presenting it as other than an imitation. I shot an album cover, and was...
  8. D

KODAK Ektra

Instamatic was a film cassette sytem, 28mmsq format on perfed-one-edge 35mm film. You would ask for 126 film(as opposed to 120,135,127,620,etc). Kind of a quick-load. I'm trying to remember the name of the instant system Kodak had, Ektamatic, maybe? Anyway, the camera owners were left high and...
  9. D

Fall Foliage Prediction Map

We are in Vt, and the way to see our colour is to be ready to go at one or two days' notice, and have someone where you want to go call you. Those maps are batting about .187 for the last ten years(at being within a week before-any amount late gets you buzzed like a bad game show). If any one...
  10. D

What are we listening to right now..

Precious Friend- Arlo Guthrie& Pete Seeger live maybe 79-81 or so goddamn pinko folk music
  11. D

Stereophile's Favorite Drug?

Actually a couple years ago a (younger)friend told me it was a holiday on April twentieth, he could not believe I did not know about 4:20. He said "Dude! you were smoking in the Sixties! How could you not hear about this!" I told him I was busy.
  12. D

Audio engineering on LSD

You are welcome Amir. Tomelex- I was only the sometime engineer for my group of friends. It was common and encouraged to make recordings of Dead shows, and encouraged by the band. They knew it would not hurt their recording sales, in fact sometimes you could get patched in to the board. We had a...
  13. D

Once again new violins chosen over Strads in blind test

Yes, the tuner my mother used said that each piano needed different things to get the best out of it. I figure the iron among specimens of the same model is more alike than different parts of different trees(dried by different people, built,etc,etc).
  14. D

Audio engineering on LSD

I'll bet it sounded like you all were inside a giant's headphones! Easy way to get concert-level sound. By the by, thank you Amir for this site, I just found it from a post on diyaudio and joined. I really enjoy the tone here, we all know tone is everything. Best, David
  15. D

Once again new violins chosen over Strads in blind test

In 1979 0r so, I was 'gofering' at an early Red Seal digital recording session of Dikran Atamian, who has recently retired but then was not famous enough to have his choice of pianos provided. Baldwin had provided a piano for the session, but there was a problem. According to everyone of the...
  16. D

Audio engineering on LSD

That picture is only part of that GD system. They had time-delay systems out in the field/arena/racetrack. And some 'little' towers for the back of a theater/club. As to the acid, I had 'chopped and channeled' a Nakamichi 550 to make it easier to get past venue employees who did not understand...
Top Bottom