Search results

1. R

Passive speakers + active sub noob questions

Went over lots of these, still like the R3s the most. Thanks. Did some more research and I've sort of fallen in love with the 8030Cs, to the point where I consider getting them exclusively for my PC desk. But some people report a slight hiss coming from the tweeter. I'm really sensitive to...
  2. R

That was my plan originally, before I knew integrated amps like A30 exist. A30 can, in particular, act as a DAC with volume control. So assuming I go the passive route it would look like this: PC USB -> A30 -> amplified analog to passive speakers \...
  3. R

Thank you for your answer! At the moment I am considering KEF R3 + Loxjie A30 + SB1000 Pro. The system you proposed seems like a really good option too. I've heard that passive speakers can last over 20 years. I am not sure if the same can be said about active speakers. Intuitively the...
  4. R

KEF R3 + Loxjie A30?

Interesting observation. Makes me a little bit less nervous. I plan to add the sub once I do my research, but it seems there aren't many options where I live, so rather soon. Could you please show me an example of audio interface + DSP to go with the Aiyima? When I tried to assemble such setup...
  5. R

KEF R3 + Loxjie A30?

Yes. Thank you for your answer. The issue with this setup is that there is no high-pass filter, not sure how big of a deal is this. I'm also a little hesitant to pull the trigger on the R3 as maybe a Meta edition will be released and if the improvements will be as impressive as LS50 has seen I...
  6. R

KEF Kube 10B vs SVS SB-1000 Pro

Kube 10B and SB-1000 Pro are the only reasonably priced subs from sweetchaos' list that go sub 20Hz where I live. AFAIK the SVS is a very popular choice. But I can find close to no information on the Kube. It is slightly cheaper and a little louder in the relevant range. It does not have...
  7. R

KEF R3 + Loxjie A30?

I want to purchase KEF R3 standmounts. Is Loxjie A30 a good match for them? My setup would look like this [PC usb -> A30 -> R3]. I plan to also get a subwoofer later. Wondering if the grille visible in the photo could affect how they sound anyhow?
  8. R

I've wanted to get into Hi-Fi audio for some time now, but whenever I tried to find some decent source of information I would just end up finding snake oil, affiliate links and subjective opinions (I guess that is what internet is nowadays). That is until I found this wonderful website. At the...
Top Bottom