Search results

1. S

Studio monitor sound signature - Is it my room or the speakers?

Hello, I am currently experiencing a minor annoyance with my Mackie MR624 studio monitors. I have the RME ADI 2 FS as my dac/amp and I use balanced XLR to power my monitors. The analyzer is very useful on the dac for this scenario. I am finding that 80% of kick-drums that peak at 1Khz sound...
  2. S

'Safe' volume level

Hello ASR, Today I am creating this post because something has been bothering me lately. From the world health organization, we have that safe listening levels for headphones is between 60-85db So why do my ears hurt and get fatigued at 55-65db? Every time? I'm 19 years old, maybe its to do...
  3. S

Buffer size and Latency?

Hello ASR, I was hoping that someone could tell me if there is an objectively good setting to choose within "MADIface series settings application" that I had to install for my RME ADI 2 FS dac. Firstly is buffer size - What does this actually do? I've noticed change in sound quality as...
  4. S

Qobuz or Amazon Music

Hello ASR, Apologies for asking an opinion based topic on a forum about science. However, 'bit-perfect' is something to take note of here, as it is something that Qobuz supports and amazon HD does not. (Of which I lack fundamental knowledge of - so more informed people can provide insight as to...
  5. S

3-pin XLR suggestions

Hello ASR, I am looking for two 3-pin XLR cables, such that I can connect the outputs of my dacs to the inputs of my studio monitors (See below) I require balanced XLR, due to the fact my RCA cables are picking up high pitched interference from my pc monitor cable (and probably other...
  6. S

Cheap RCA interconnects causing interference

Hello ASR, I need some help in choosing some new interconnects. My currently owned very cheap RCA cables that cost me £8 a pair from Amazon are emitting a high frequency whine *through my speakers* tweeters (sounds like tinnitus, 16khz or higher) from both my Fiio k3s and RME ADI-2 FS dac. The...
  7. S

Using a streamer to decouple my audio source from the pc (Opinions wanted)

Hello ASR, I recently visited a hifi dealership near me to demo the meze elite's. In which the resulting 3 hours I spent there led to a few conclusions made by the sales manager which I will be discussing here. I require assistance from others as I feel his statements directly oppose the...
Top Bottom