Search results

1. C

iPhone to Hifi system - Best device for my father

Hello, Last year, my father's Cambridge CD player got broken. Against my advice, he decided to got it repaired for 300 $ (!) and it started to make other problems. He's ready to make a move to some kind of streaming. He has Apple Music on his iPhone. He would need to transfer to the RCA inputs...
  2. C

DCA Noire + Qudelix 5k = Worthwhile to go balanced ?

Hello ! I received my Qudekix 5K and Dan Clark Audio's Noire a couple of days ago and I really enjoyed the experience so far. So much clarity, details and nice imaging ! Quick question though: there is a 2.5mm input on the Qudelix. Without going esoteric with cables, are there some of you who...
  3. C

Qudelix 5K - Volume management

Hello ! I just received my Qudelix 5k (I'm in the process of buying new headphones). I do have a question when I use it with my iPhone. How do you prefer the Apple Music volume (Full blast or minus something ?) and the Qudelix (To taste I assume) ? I'm not sure if Apple Music boosts volume in...
  4. C

Are DCA Noires that hard to drive ?

Hello, I'm on the hunt for a better set of headphones than my Beyer DT250 and I'm really interested by the Dan Clark Audio Noire. That said, I keep reading that they can be a challenge to drive them properly. My main use would be connected to my integrated amp (A Moon 220i, so I assume it...
  5. C

Worth upgrading headphones (Beyer DT250 to Aeon Noire)

Hello, I have the same pair of headphones since 2004 (BeyerDynamic DT-250). Last year, I upgraded my speakers. So my setup is a SimAudio Moon Amp (220i), an Atoll DAC and I switch between a turntable and Apple Music as sources. I was wondering if it would be worthwile to upgrade to something...
  6. C

Worth adding watts ?

Hello, I sent a message yesterday in the General Audio Forum, but maybe it was not the right place to do it. I'm looking for possible upgrades in my setup and I'm not sure if more watts is or is not helpful. Here is my current setup: Acoustic Energy AE309 (Sensitivity = 89 dB, "warm" sounding...
  7. C

Two paths for upgrade ? Suggestions

Hello, I'm new on the forum, but I've been reading Amir's review for quite a while ! Right now, I'm looking for two possible upgrades, but I have a technical question related to one of those paths. Here is my current setup: Acoustic Energy AE309 (Sensitivity = 89 dB, "warm" sounding speakers...
Top Bottom