Search results

1. C

Atoll DAC200 Signature - Review & Measurements (DAC)

Hello, Like I said earlier, I'm also the owner of an Atoll DAC, which I bought probably 10 years ago or so. I don't see any problem with VintageFlanker's doing honest measurements of the unit. Would I change my unit for a 200$ Topping that surpasses my old Atoll ? No, for a couple of reasons...
  2. C

I would not do that, but it might be less expensive to buy two entry-level Topping and switch between them on the amplifier. If I understand correctly @VintageFlanker, some data are in the audible range. The DAC100 only has RCA outputs, so it's even worst ! It has been with me for over 10...
  3. C

Thanks @VintageFlanker I own the DAC100 that I bought a while ago, so I'm glad to finally see some measurements of their products. I assume mine is probably even less performant as it is their entry-grade product. What I really like with it though - I cannot compare it sound wise to anything -...
  4. C

iPhone to Hifi system - Best device for my father

Thank you for all the kind and informative answers. I do myself have the old Airport Express that goes into a Dac via Optical and then the amplifier via RCA. Such a good and simple setup. I don't understand why Apple dropped that concept. Since he would likely go from CD (so good quality) to...
  5. C

iPhone to Hifi system - Best device for my father

Hello, Last year, my father's Cambridge CD player got broken. Against my advice, he decided to got it repaired for 300 $ (!) and it started to make other problems. He's ready to make a move to some kind of streaming. He has Apple Music on his iPhone. He would need to transfer to the RCA inputs...
  6. C

Are DCA Noires that hard to drive ?

Exactly. It's mostly fine, but some recordings lack the oomphs needed and I think a bit more output would be perfect. When it's loud enough, the result of both together is frankly superb !
  7. C

DCA Noire + Qudelix 5k = Worthwhile to go balanced ?

Thank you ! I would certainly not do it ! I do a bit of soldering, but would not go that route ! I found that Hart Cables have some affordable solutions if I decide to move just for the sake of it. Some low-volume recordings are a bit limit, but I would not call it a major problem right now...
  8. C

Thank you all for the answers. Yes, you're right. If there is some logic behind going balanced, especially having a bit more leverage in terms of volume, without going broke, it's not a big investment and is probably worthwhile. Best wishes,
  9. C

Hello ! I received my Qudekix 5K and Dan Clark Audio's Noire a couple of days ago and I really enjoyed the experience so far. So much clarity, details and nice imaging ! Quick question though: there is a 2.5mm input on the Qudelix. Without going esoteric with cables, are there some of you who...
  10. C

I have both now and I really like the combination. The DCA Noire are really crystal clear, especially in busy passages. Volume-wise, the Qudelix runs in normal mode. I run low-volume songs at nearly full on both volumes (Phone and Qudelix), but I have to turn it down somewhat for louder songs...
  11. C

Qudelix 5K - Volume management

Thank you. I understand better now ! I fiddled a bit with it, especially to find ways to connect it with wires on the iPhone and the MacBook to have 96 Khz. I'm not sure it has tons more output than the devices themselves, but the precise EQ does really hep the Beyers be more balanced and...
  12. C

Ok I found the answer in the online manual: «Optimal sound quality at any given volume level No need to care for smartphone volume. Any smartphone volume level keeps the best sound quality (Bluetooth and USB)»
  13. C

Hello ! I just received my Qudelix 5k (I'm in the process of buying new headphones). I do have a question when I use it with my iPhone. How do you prefer the Apple Music volume (Full blast or minus something ?) and the Qudelix (To taste I assume) ? I'm not sure if Apple Music boosts volume in...
  14. C

I just bought the Qudelix K5. I will receive it next week. I'll fiddle a bit with it before buying the new set of headphones !
  15. C

Maybe the best solution for me at this point would be to buy them and see if I need more power. I assume I will discover quite quickly where the need is. For example, I would not use them to take a walk. It is for interior use only, direct in the main amp most of the time, sometimes with the...
  16. C

Hello Tifune, In the best of worlds, I would avoid those other things to add. I will certainly read about the 5K as it seems smaller than other options. As for the NX7, I know Topping is another good option for the price. I think availability in Canada might be more of a challenge ? As for...
  17. C

Thanks for the replies ! Would something like the FIIO Q3 be another option for the iPhone and MacBook ? Any thoughts about the Celestee for those who have tried both ? They both seem fine models in terms of frequency response, with one having more dynamics (Focal) and the other having more...
  18. C

Hello, I'm on the hunt for a better set of headphones than my Beyer DT250 and I'm really interested by the Dan Clark Audio Noire. That said, I keep reading that they can be a challenge to drive them properly. My main use would be connected to my integrated amp (A Moon 220i, so I assume it...
  19. C

Topping D90SE Measurements (DAC)

Hello Flanker, Thank you for the review. Since you are in France, I'm just curious if you had in your hands Atoll Électronique's Dad 100. I bought it a while back and it'd is still in my setup. I was just curious how it would compare with today's technology in terms of transparency as I don't...
Top Bottom