Search results

1. SuicideSquid

Can you use studio subwoofers at home?

Depends what it's intended for. There's not a lot of musical content in most genres below 30Hz so if you're flat to 30Hz and then have a sharp dropoff, in practice for music (unless you're listening to some crazy pipe organ nonsense or something) it's going to cover everything.
  2. SuicideSquid

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Do they have poor manufacturing or did you just get unlucky? Impossible to know from a sample of one.
  3. SuicideSquid

The Truth About Vinyl Records

No I meant you can clearly hear the increase in noise floor and general degradation each time you play the record and by the tenth play the record is completely unlistenable, obviously. I obviously didn't mean that these differences are tiny and incremental and only add up over the course of...
  4. SuicideSquid

Sure, I don't think it's very compelling evidence because it doesn't actually reflect real world use and wear of a record. As I said already, I agree that vinyl can sound great, and you can take all kinds of (expensive, time-consuming) steps to mitigate the inherent flaws of the format. But...
  5. SuicideSquid

I didn't see anyone do that.
  6. SuicideSquid

If you want to assert that vinyl is not subject to basic laws of physics like friction, I think it's on you to support that with evidence. I don't bear the burden of proof for the assertion "rubbing two objects together creates friction and will eventually wear them down".
  7. SuicideSquid

Point 1- I simply don't believe you. You're physically dragging a needle across a groove. This creates surface noise. The most pristine record in the world playing the most perfectly-mastered recording on a brand new SOTA turntable with a brand new expensive needle might have imperceptible...
  8. SuicideSquid

I can't speak to the vinyl pressing, but Californication (along with the first Mars Volta album, also produced by Rick Rubin around the same time) is the most over-compressed album I've ever heard. "Bad producer makes overcompressed mush at the height of the loudness wars released on CD only...
  9. SuicideSquid

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

Is that a serious question? The price. The price is not to like. It is fair for build quality and aesthetics come at a premium. The premium should never be 100x over a similar-performing device without premium build quality and aesthetics.
  10. SuicideSquid

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

If they sold this for $1,000, they might have a compelling case - transparent performance, great look and seemingly excellent build quality. $10,000 is just stupid ludicrous money to ask for any DAC though.
  11. SuicideSquid

Non-Snake Oil Power/Line Conditioner?

Ugh, I guess that's a possibility. I'm not really inclined to spend $250 on an HDMI cable.
  12. SuicideSquid

I was actually wondering about this. The motherboard is properly mounted to the case and will ground to the case via the ATX plate and mounting screws. Should the GPU heatsink ground to the case at all? I've been building PCs for 25 years and have never physically grounded a heatsink to the...
  13. SuicideSquid

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting. As noted above (several times at this point), moving to an optical HDMI cable did not solve the issue. PC does not have a SPDIF optical output, but if it did it wouldn't resolve the issue as it would not transmit atmos signals. "Balanced" is...
  14. SuicideSquid

IEM's for Playstation Portal - Chu II vs. Truthear Zero Dual Blue

I'm not sure how powerful the PSP's headphone out is - I've found the Zero Blue to be a little more power-hungry than an average IEM. Have you considered the Linsoul 7Hz Zero 2? I have the Truthears and the Linsoul and prefer the Linsoul, with the added bonus that they're less power-hungry and...
  15. SuicideSquid

I have another PC upstairs that's primarily for recording music, it has a GeForce 1070. I hadn't considered swapping it out to see if the problem persists. Issue with that is that even if it shows that it's a GPU or motherboard issue, I'm not really inclined to drop several hundred (or almost...
  16. SuicideSquid

Yes and yes. The noise is almost certainly caused by the GPU redrawing the cursor, not by the mouse itself. If I play GPU-intensive games there are other noises as well, the mouse movement is just the easiest to test as it happens at the desktop immediately after booting and doesn't require me...
  17. SuicideSquid

I'm not convinced it's a ground loop problem, rather it seems to be EMI being transmitted over the common ground, which is a different issue. As noted above, I've tried ensuring all devices in the home theatre are plugged into the same (good quality) power bar that reports proper grounding, and...
  18. SuicideSquid

That is precisely why I am asking for a recommendation for a power conditioner.
  19. SuicideSquid

It's hooked up to a Denon AVR-X4700H via HDMI. I've tried an optical HDMI cable and it did not fix the issue. Trust me, I went through everything a few months ago when I was first diagnosing the issue. it's bizarre, but somehow the noise from the mouse (or the GPU redrawing the mouse cursor)...
Top Bottom