Search results

1. B

Rockwool and breathing and alternative or help

Hi all, I was testing to get rid of the first reflection points in my room. I also use Acourate to get everything right afterwards. I was testing how things changed where I put the rockwool https://www.hubo.be/nl/p/rockwool-rocksono-base-isolatieplaat-100x60x4-5-cm-r1-2-7-2ma/883072.html Now I...
  2. B

Repair amplifier or buy new

Hi everyone, I have a hard time deciding to repair my power amplifier (lyngdorf sda 2175 original price 1495€) or buy a new one. my Lyngdorf is over 10 years old. Now the power amplifier is often giving a scratching noise. My audio dealer has sent it to Lyngdorf for repair. He has said that...
  3. B

Making a streamer with Intel Nuc/how

Hi, One of the reasons I have bought the RME DAC is that I can connect it with USB. I have lots of cd's and my space is limited. I also listen to much music that is not that commercial and is only sold digitally. Therefore I want to create a streamer. The problem is that I find little...
  4. B

Grace Design m902 measurements to RME ADI-2-DAC

Hah I hate myself. I am beginning to doubt again. Please could people look at the measurements here of the Grace Design m902 and tell me if they are good? And if that is considered transparent? https://www.stereophile.com/content/grace-design-m902-reference-da-headphone-amplifier-measurements I...
  5. B

Matrix Audio element M and X comparison

I am still looking for a new Dac/preamp (maybe streamer). The ones that I am interested in are the Matrix Audio Element M and Oktoresearch Stereo Dac. Hopefully, the Oktoresearch will be tested here. Now this is a long shot but does anyone heard the Matrix Audio Element M and Element X (that was...
  6. B

Connecting DAC for listening to streaming (Tidal)

Hi, I am looking to buy a dac(Oktoresearch stereo Dac or RME ADI DAC). Now they both have USB connections. Now these dacs are intended for upstairs in my main system with speakers. The problem is that I have no computer or laptop upstairs. I do have wifi signal upstairs. Now most of the time I...
  7. B

Cannot get my head around it

I am searching a dac/preamp for my main system. And It is proving to be difficult. The hardest problem I am having is that measurements are not meaningful anymore. Above a certain threshold it doesn't matter anymore. And according to here, they then all sound exactly the same. So it doesn't...
  8. B

Max volume headphones and safety

Hi, A short time ago I was listening with my headphones (beyerdynamic dt250) connected to my computer by the grace design headphone amplifier. Now the knob of the amplifier doesn't behave so good anymore (Grace says it is the controller I think that is getting old). But to make a long story...
  9. B

Confusing dac and amp

Hi, I am someone who takes a long time before I buy something. I have a Beyerdynamic DT250 -250 Ohm. And for the moment it is plugged in a Grace Design m902. But the Grace Design will go to my main system again very shortly, so it will not be used with my computer anymore. Now I have compared...
  10. B

AKM 4493 Dac

Hi all, I am looking for the best dac that can be coupled to the Atom amp. Is it correct to say that the AKM 4493 is the best dac? Now I know that the Topping DX3 has this dac. But I don't want to buy it because I don't trust the build quality. Now I am looking which companies use this dac...
  11. B

Sacd and pc and headphone

Hi all, I am creating my headphone setup. I have bought a Beyerdynamic DT250 250 Ohm. And next year when it will be available in Europe I most likely will buy the JDS Labs Atom headphone amp. I will use it with my Pc. Now I am looking at the dacs and I see that most of them support dsd. Now I...
Top Bottom