Search results

1. ToriCatcher

TRUTHEAR conversation to TWS!

After more time spent, it does seem problematic to find an amp suited for Zero in TWS form. However, I see no big company (Samsung and such) advertising their FR, which did not bow well for me in the past. Another alternative is Anker. If ai understand correctly, they have an interesting...
  2. ToriCatcher

Any Fiio in particular? Can you refer me to any FR charts for AKG or the Samsung?
  3. ToriCatcher

As it costs 2-3.5 times the other options, it should get the love you mentioned. It quotes some specs as 47mv at 16 ohm, which is not the standard, unfortunately. However, even that, is far from being exhaustive data. TRUTHEAR needs 76mv for 93db, so that figure is not truly helpful.
  4. ToriCatcher

Hey all, After recently entering the IEM market with Moondrop Chu and TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero, I want to give the latter as gift, as a TWS IEM. Hence, I'm looking for a TWS HP Bluetooth amplifier. It seems to me that there are not many such amps (a few links below). I Have 3 objectives...
  5. ToriCatcher

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

At this price point, I would only go for a dac that can perform as to of the line preamp, requiring better IMD, but still looks like a good dac...
  6. ToriCatcher

Diatone p610 DIY build

Thanks! Started a conversation.
  7. ToriCatcher

Just fired up my first ever Hifi set-up. It's OK?

I doubt the pre90 is adding audible noise or distortion, tho not impossible. To my limited understanding, such an impression as you describe is definitely possible with the "right" hills and valleys in the frequency response. I'd recommend either play more with placement or go straight to a dsp...
  8. ToriCatcher

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

As an Android user who's unfamiliar with Wavelet, is it really delicate enough to allow imitating different IEMs?
  9. ToriCatcher

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Thanks for the review, they definitely are enticing to try. Would you say your only reservation, compared to any other IEM is that distortion on very high levels?
  10. ToriCatcher

Advice: Wharfadale Linton vs Revel 106 vs Revel F35

As many around here, I own the M106. Can't compare it to the f36, but they are really fantastic speakers (when used with a sub). It's hard to see them disappoint you.
  11. ToriCatcher

How much does your main stereo system cost?

List value and "paid for" are very different things, as many buy 2nd hand.
  12. ToriCatcher

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

The real appeal in my eyes is that this level of IMD nullifies the need for a preamp.
  13. ToriCatcher

Aiyima A07 vs. A08

Also contemplating the a08, after owning the 07. I'm considering it versus the new smsl offerings.
  14. ToriCatcher

Which speaker would you like to be reviewed? (community interest thread)

Wharfedale evo 4.2. Many of the 4.1 problems might be solved in the 3 way design. Also interesting to see how their dome mid perform.
  15. ToriCatcher

New SMSL A300 BTL Class-d Power Amp

Do you know how it compares to aiyima 07 in power? The stated numbers seem a bit off by the thd chart, as it shoots up after about have of the spec wattage. Does Amir plan to review it?
  16. ToriCatcher

Diatone p610 DIY build

Bumping up, in case anyone has any input.
  17. ToriCatcher

Diatone p610 DIY build

Wow. Do the drivers no longer work? What did you think about them?
  18. ToriCatcher

Diatone p610 DIY build

AliExpress stores. Search for p610 Diatone. Let me know if it doesn't work out. How do you think to implement them, if you don't mind me asking? - Michael (torus, or tori in plural, is some inside joke) :)
  19. ToriCatcher

Diatone p610 DIY build

Touche. Might be what I'll do. They are very inexpensive, tho my measuring set up is really earning its title as 'amateur'.
  20. ToriCatcher

Budget Amp for KEF R3? Halp!

Wow this even has a high pass. Did Amir review this one?
Top Bottom