Search results

1. J

Audiomirror Tubadour III SE thoughts

So no tubes. What about ladder resistor DACs? I heard they used to be popular and making a comeback?
  2. J

Thank you I will try another DAC without tubes to see what I'm missing! Also does addin EQ to a system deteriorate any of the music quality?
  3. J

Thank you for the link. I will read that tutorial and see if I can implement it in my system. I appreciate the feedback. Kind Regards, Joe
  4. J

So tubes are a no no? I was told they add a holographic sound but if that's not correct, I am willing to go try to learn. Maybe it was a waste, isn't that what this community is for, to learn.
  5. J

How come some Sabre and AKM DACs would hurt my ears, but the same chip would not in another DAC?
  6. J

I agree with you that speakers are most important. I don't think my wife will let me buy any other speakers. I've only seen a couple speaker reviews on here. When you say sound EQ, what do you mean? Like audessey and anthem arc? Or like sound treatments around the rooms? How would I add...
  7. J

You are probably right. Maybe I should have tried a couple more affordable DACs. Are there any other DACs that are not Sabre or AKM that you recommend? I'm always willing to learn and try Kind Regards, Joe
  8. J

Good Morning Gentlemen, I am a novice to the audio world and I wanted to share my experience with a really interesting piece of kit. Full disclosure, I am a cheap ass want the absolute most for my money. I have experience with Ess sabre and AKM chips and, while they sound great, I am...
  9. J

Can someone give me advice? I can't figure it out.

My USB cable was only 3 feet long. I tried a 6 foot and 1.5 foot and still clicking. I suspect some type of miscommunication or clocking issue between pcs and the USB input of this DAC. It sounds divine now. Thank God
  10. J

Good evening Gentlemen, I received another DAC from the manufacturer and that one also had the clicking through USB. I purchased a $50 converter on Amazon that takes usb to I2S and now THE CLICKING IS GONE!! I2S has solved my dilemma and pretty cheap as well. I don't know what the USB...
  11. J

I have a 3 foot USB. I have tried multiple from 3-6 feet. Still clicks. DAC direct to parasound gives clicks but the soundstage is bigger (yes!). I have lowered the volume on the software and still click. I will try to find a wasapi audio driver. Any recommendations? Kind Regards Joe
  12. J

Thank you gentlemen. I will keep you updated on what happens. Your advice is appreciated. Kind Regards, Joe
  13. J

I have listened to the files over HDMI into my anthem receiver. Clean, pure sound. No clicks or glitches apparent. Great observation.
  14. J

I have no other DAC available. The DAC guy said he was going to send me another and if it still clicks, he will refund me.
  15. J

I didn't know LPs made that sound. That would drive me crazy.
  16. J

How do I connect my laptop to my parasound? Laptop only has USB and HDMI out? Parasound only has balanced and single ended in? It's a straight power amp, not integrated. I'm sorry I'm a novice, please explain.
  17. J

Buffer is maxed out on my computer at 7 gb. Everything set to max it can go. Latencymon is all green saying computer can do music with no problems even as it is playing and clicking is occuring. Kind Regards, Joe
  18. J

Yes it is reproducible. I have tried all sample rates available to be chosen. I have even tried just qobuz and no Audirvana and still clicking so I don't think it's Audirvana software. I am going to try a USB to I2s /toslink converter to check different inputs on the DAC. The 45 second sound...
  19. J

I have swapped and switched tubes. Doesn't seem to make a difference. It happens at specific times in certain songs. I know it shows up around 23 seconds in one song and 19 seconds in another. I will try to swap em again
  20. J

Good morning Gentlemen, My name is Joe and I am a novice with audio. I just recently got enough scratch to put a decent system together but I have an odd clicking sound in the background that really ruins my immersion. I have a PC with Audirvana with USB into an audio mirror tubadour SE III...
Top Bottom