Search results

1. A

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I care, if you refer to me. I just do buy into the enormous amount of stonewalling people get for not going with the masses. Unless all DACS output the exact same thing, my experience put aside or not, they are not all going to sound the same. That proves to me, the differences being subtle...
  2. A

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

DACS are made of many different components, the DAC chips all do have differing sound signatures and filters, but the rest of the implementation is done by some better than others. Let's take for example a ESS DAC chip, same one, running a single DAC chip inside. Pretend Topping and SMSL make...
  3. A

And even more who parrot the feelings of others and provide no value. Go with the masses or get burned down, I bend but do not break and I am not weak like that. I am very interested in science and theory, and mathematics are essential in life. Science is always up for debate and I think I...
  4. A

ABX tests mostly, but most forms of double blind testing are flawed as well. There is no conclusion, yay or nay, about them. Considering results have literally been all over the place, no one can form an exact conclusion.
  5. A

Um, Arny built them with bias that all things sound the same. The fact they did show differences foils the all things sound the same theory right there. You guys, again, act like I know nothing but I am the one who mentioned it being an ABX test when you guys were referring to it as a double...
  6. A

Not all do, but in my experience with mostly low to mid-range DACS, there are clear differences. They also got compared to audio interfaces (which are also DACS), sound cards, and built in audio. I have, just to name a few: Topping E50, E30, Chord Mojo, Schiit Modi 3+, Motu M4, Audient ID44...
  7. A

I do not care if you disagree, I explained myself quite well and I find your conclusions not remotely adequate. Now what?
  8. A

You keep talking about "wanted conclusions". I wish I can buy a $50.00 Chinese Dac and $100.00 Pyle receiver and enjoy audio nirvana! That would be "expectation bias", yet none are stupid enough to know that to be the case. I buy for the best performance I can get, no one bias to be had. If...
  9. A

You guys are arguing nothing, really. I know what the ABX tests are all about, in fact I had a discussion with Arny over at AVS Forums who was one of the engineers who designed them. I have been around this stuff a long time and owned enough equipment. I have 4 audio interfaces and 11 DACS in...
  10. A

I will go where I choose to go and I do not have to agree with the masses to exist anywhere. You asked, I answered. ABX tests have been "beaten" before and I have "beaten" them myself. I am also on Reddit, another place where you get with the masses or get voted out, but I do not always agree...
  11. A

Quite simple, you hook it up to a mixer (instant switch) and pick the one that sounds best. Measurements, looks, and everything else is meaningless unless that is what your goal is (keep the best measuring device, even if it does not sound as good as component B). A good example of this is...
  12. A

You are correct, but I have no idea what I am buying (joke). It has a Burr Brown chip in it, and not newer for sure. Yet, some prefer the warmness a Burr Brown DAC chip provides, perhaps that is why he preferred the sound of it? I am not just talking of the main DAC chips, power delivery...
  13. A

Look at measurements, they all measure different. Maybe not drastically, but very few measure identical. They all have different chips which makeup the whole unit. The output, the converters, the DAC itself, the voltage of the outputs, the noise floor (to name a few). They all have...
  14. A

It's fairly simple, the Zen is newer and technology evolves. The RME are made for pro usage, the Zen for home. The RME is getting older now, and even though it is a better piece of equipment, as stated already it is easy to screw up the settings as the menu system is pretty daunting. But...
  15. A

This is what I do not like, I see people making comments about people's review. At the end of the day, I know not all DACS sound the same. Sighted bias? It is called you can tell unless you have hearing problems! I can provide an extensive list of DACS laying around my house now, plus many I...
  16. A

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 vs Presonus Eris 5 XT

I would keep home audio stuff with home audio, pro audio with pro audio. Powered monitors would be better with a mixer or audio interface, where as the Wharfdales will sound more pleasing and go better with your Denon. Studio monitors are aiming to sound "pure" and reveal good and bad of...
  17. A

NHT SB2 Speaker Review

I happened to find a pair of NHT SB3 in great condition on eBay. Well, you would think the higher end SB3 would sound better than the SB2, right? I did not find that the case at all. In fact, I sold the SB3 to my friend already and kept the SB2! I did not understand the SB3 upside down...
  18. A

NHT SB2 Speaker Review

Sorry, I just got a pair of these NHT SB2 off eBay in fairly pristine condition and these sound amazing so I call this review suspect! I also own two pairs of the SuperOne 2.1 and one pair of the SuperZero 2.1 and I was using the SuperOne before installing these. My SuperOne's and now these...
  19. A

SMSL A300 SW output very weak

You must have a defective unit, because on mine I would say the Subwoofer Out is actually kind of hot. I have a small room, but but my RSL Speedwoofer10s has to be nearly turned all the way off to quit booming (or overpower the main speakers). It could (even more possibly) also be an incorrect...
  20. A

PreSonus E5 XT Active Speaker Review

I wholeheartedly disagree with this review, it's all wrong IMO. With Two Eris E5 XT, the Presonus Tremblor T8 subwoofer, and a MOTU M2 audio interface, placed 30" apart in the middle of my room, toed in 10 degrees and the sub under my table. This blows away my Yamaha TSR-700 with Polk audio...
Top Bottom