Search results

1. honn

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Wow, finally! Would this be enough to sufficiently drive my Elac Debut Reference DBR62 in medium size room? Does it make sense to replace my XTZ Edge A-300 with the PA5? It seems like the XTZ can produce twice the amount of power, but certainly PA5 produces cleaner although lower power..
  2. honn

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

wow, better than even Topping A90 in most measurements?
  3. honn

Recommendation for home cinema stereo speakers

Hi all~! Looking for a pair of (passive/active) stereo speakers to watch movies connected to Optoma HD 146X Projector, $500 max budget, the less the better. Room size approx. 12' x 11'. Thanks!
  4. honn

Equalizer APO and ASIO

I have successfully installed Equalizer APO (EAPO) and VoiceMeeter. Now in EAPO I can choose VoiceMeeter as the device. When I play around with the preamp gain level from config.txt tab, the music volume immediately affected, so it works. However when I opened the .txt preset file from ASR for...
  5. honn

Equalizer APO and ASIO

So you are saying I can normally use Equalizer APO software with my current chain? I am not sure I can hear the difference, so I assume it doesn't actually work currently.
  6. honn

Equalizer APO and ASIO

Hi all! I'm finally trying out EQ on my HiFiman HE-400i with Amir's PEQ profile using Equalizer APO software. My question is: after setting them up, I'm not sure if they work because I use Audirvana and/or Qobuz with Topping DX3 Pro as DAC/amp using the ASIO exclusive driver. With ASIO...
  7. honn

Topping PA3: subjective impressions

I can describe the character of the Elac DBR62, but not the amp. A good amp powers your speaker to make them sound as they should.
  8. honn

KEF Q150 vs. Elac DBR62

They may be a little hard to drive, but I have used them with $120 Topping PA3 amp to $500 XTZ Edge A2-300 amp and they all quite sufficiently drive them (of course the more powerful XTZ did better but the Topping wasn't bad at all).
  9. honn

Elac Uni-fi 2.0 announced

how about for operas and classical, the Uni-Fi 2.0 or DBR62? I have the latter but might exchange them.
  10. honn

KEF Q150 vs. Elac DBR62

haha yes indeed! I am staying with the DBR62!! ;)
  11. honn

KEF Q150 vs. Elac DBR62

I know the DBR62 is well reviewed and I currently have them to audition. Now that the Q150 is on discount, I want to know how do the two compare to each other? I couldn’t see any comparisons online. Thanks!
  12. honn

BMR Philharmonitor vs. KEF R3

You probably already seen the new BMR review post in this forum by Steve Dallas who also owns Revel F208s. In the end even though the F208 wins overall by a little, he'd rather buy two pairs of BMRs than a pair of F208s. But of course, we don't know how they will perform in your room.
  13. honn

Are you getting the new BMRs? It'd be interesting to compare it with the Sierra-2EX.
  14. honn

On DACs

Thank you for your answers. I've learned more and more in the forum, and based on that I think DACs, if they're provably transparent, even the $9 dongle from Apple, will sound indistinguishable one from another. In a proper blind testing, you're likely won't be able to pass the test. You may...
  15. honn

When you said made in Indonesia, I just realized after a quick research of the company, since I was originally from the country, the SB in SB Acoustics stands for Sinar Baja (metal/steel light)! haha it's cool to know a reputed company is Indonesian!
  16. honn

Then it’s down to the new BMR vs. Sierra-2EX then... any thoughts? Haha
  17. honn

Philharmonic BMR Monitor Semi-Objective Review - Road Show Stop 1

Thanks @Steve Dallas and @aarons915 for your discussion. My room's 9 feet wide and the speakers will be 5.5 feet apart from each other, and around 18 inches from the side walls. So the brightness issue might likely be present as well. In the case where I cannot audition both speakers and have to...
Top Bottom