Search results

1. Stinius

How the ear works...

Yes, I agree that the presentation is quite good, but in my opinion the most important muscle when it comes to protecting your hearing is not mentioned at all. I'm talking about the "musculus stapedius" In the 80thies I wrote some articles about it and also talked about it on seminars for...
  2. Stinius

Would a recommendation based on objective rankings be possible in the ASR equipment tests?

I agree, the 1kHz/5W SINAD chart is as meaningless as it can be when it comes to how an amp behaves and how to sort the amps. I like your idea Pavel, but I doubt that it will be approved by the people that focus on the SINAD thing. BTW.: How would you include squarewave testing, clipping...
  3. Stinius

Understanding the theory of subwoofer selection

What he is saying is complete nonsense and I guess it is because of that the sub bass speakers they are selling is a one note sub. If it was a good sub it should cover the range from 20Hz to at least 80Hz easily no matter the size of the subwoofer. I looked at the REL site and I can't find any...
  4. Stinius

High End Amplifier from Elektor with perfect measurements “Fortissimo 100”

If you have read the books that syn08 mentions more than once and still dont have a clue, maybe you should buy a TOPPING amplifier. 1. with a 100p shunt C it should not oscillate, but as syn08 says a shunt C is not optimal when it comes to the performance (THD wise) of the amplifier, and the...
  5. Stinius

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I know, I have done live concerts as a sound engineer that was pretty loud and was recorded by microphones close to the mixing desk, but that is a different thing and has nothing to do about what pma, I and you was talking about.
  6. Stinius

I didn't see your post, but I have to ask, are you talking to me?
  7. Stinius

Nonsense Place a mic in the nightclub or pub and listen to the mess you hear. Stein
  8. Stinius

In my opinion you should drive the amplifiers you are testing into clipping as well as testing them with a square wave. It will tell you a lot more about the behaviour of the amp than a meaningless 1k 5W into 4 Ohm test. Stein
  9. Stinius

What's your opinion on opamp vs discrete? Liquid Spark description made me wondering.

This is far out and loaded with meaningless nonsense. What are you smoking?
  10. Stinius

What's your opinion on opamp vs discrete? Liquid Spark description made me wondering.

No, it is good for inexpencive audio gear. Nothing beats a well designed discrete circuit. I dont know why you are mentioning feedback, I agree that you should use as much feedback as possible, but a well designed discrete circuit will be able to use a lot more feedback than an opamp and a lot...
  11. Stinius

Active Speakers Better? No, per Michael Borresen

Fantastic, this is maybe the most hilarious post I have ever seen. Congratulations. Its all BS I hope it was as a joke. S
  12. Stinius

iancanada's over the top DIY DAC video - this is great!

To be honest, in my opinion the whole idea about DIY sharing schematics was killed by Bob by not giving credit to those that deserved it when he published his books and ofcourse the same thing when it comes to some of the contributours in Jan's magazine. Stein
  13. Stinius

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Bergen, Western Norway
  14. Stinius

DarkVoice 336SE Circuit Overhaul

Hi Stuart I guess you mean Johan Potgieter ("Ampdog" in AVForums South Africa), as far as i know he passed away in june this summer. Stein
  15. Stinius

Audio analyzer project

I could have given your post a "Like", but I will give it more than a "Like" It is a very good post and impressive results, a comment on the last paragraph. "You are so right" Stein
  16. Stinius

Audio analyzer project

Very nice project Ovidiu. I'm looking forward to see what's coming. Stein
Top Bottom