Search results

1. A

Is REL being more 'musical' than SVS a myth, or is there some real science behind this?

Time passes slowly in the world of "high end audio." My understanding is that REL established its reputation when subwoofers were difficult to integrate into two-channel systems. Their continued success has been to maintain this reputation long after the technological situation that produced it...
  2. A

I cannot trust the Harman speaker preference score

I understand enough of the science to distinguish between preference scores and metrics that might usefully predict my preferences. Which is what I wrote.
  3. A

I cannot trust the Harman speaker preference score

The examples provided here seem like evidence that it's a poor metric. I haven't read arguments to the contrary that are particularly convincing. I suppose that subjective assessments that take account of measurements might be better than those that don't, but they aren't especially helpful to...
  4. A

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

I wonder whether the angle/degree of toe-in makes a big difference given the R200's sensitivity to positioning? I have a pair and like them in my room. I've been playing around with positioning to try to get the most from them. Right now, they're 28 inches from the back wall, 19 inches from the...
  5. A

Stick With G9 Or Move On?

I've been up and down the ladder over the last few years--from m43 (Olympus and Panny) to APS-C (several Fujis) to FF (Canon 6D mark ii rather than mirrorless), back to APS-C (Fuji X-T2), and am now thinking about m43 again. I've enjoyed trying out different systems, but I've taken favorite...
  6. A

Backwards directed , rear-firing tweeter, Snell Type E / III?

Peter Snell designed the original line of Snell speakers from the Type A to the K (including the E, E/II, J, and J/II). He died in 1984, and Kevin Voecks became the head designer for Snell. Voecks's first speaker for Snell was the redesigned K/II. There's lots of info on this site...
Top Bottom