Search results

1. G

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Well, for most I would say that getting off the wagon will be impossible. We are so very influenced by advertising and marketing which is very effective. One has to mentally understand that perfection is not real. The ‘circle of confusion’ as Toole has coined it, makes actual perfection...
  2. G

Yes and no. I took part in the M2/Salon2 shootout. Spent a day at Harman auditioning all of the JBL line. Spent a day at the Genelec Experience Center outside of Boston. Was able to listen to most side by side in my room which was purpose built at the time. As I have mentioned before, anyone...
  3. G

Sorry but I’m not going through a whole story as it is way too long. Loudspeakers are all a set of compromises. I think I learned some from most every speaker and experiment. I have also thought that each purchase was my last. The design choices of the 8361, which make them special, is that...
  4. G

All others are gone now. Only considerations for me now is system expansion path within the Genelec family.
  5. G

I have owned Geddes, Salon 2 and M2. No direct comparison between any and the 8361. All great in their own regards. Most still want to argue amps, cables, and electronics. Kind of need to determine what one is truly looking for.
  6. G

When I was at Genelec I was able to audition the w371 and ask some questions. You are correct in that it works in a similar fashion as multiple subs. There is a difference in driver offset from front to back as well as in height which allows the magic to happen. I would consider it to be a bit...
  7. G

I try not to read and really try not to reply to audio threads any longer. Reason being is that I finally don’t care to consider a different path with any more changes. I have owned most of these speakers and systems in question. I now own the Genelec 8361. These have provided a better sense of...
  8. G

I have owned a lot of gear when I look back on it. Geddes, JBL M2, Salon2 all of which are considered top tier. I decided to invest in the Genelec 8361 after the measurements and info provided here on ASR. I have not been able to compare directly against the above listed. What I can say is that...
  9. G

Genelec W371A + The Ones : My quest for the Grail is over

I’m not sure how this might play into anyone’s possible decision making process but some of these variables in consideration is what prompted me to make a trip to the Genelec Experience Center outside of Boston. My goal was to listen to different things in stereo versus immersive. While there...
  10. G

Genelec GLM software and the 7350A Subwoofer

I believe each sub can manage a 7.1. GLM can handle as many subs as you want but I think it is limited to two with full automation. More than this would require manual output management until the desired level is achieved.
  11. G

Genelec GLM software and the 7350A Subwoofer

The nudge for me is likely because I just returned from a visit to Genelec USA this past Friday. The primary reason for my visit was to experience the different immersive formats in the hopes of charting a future system plan. If you have a one seat room then there is a good chance that one...
  12. G

What are my fellow Genelec owners feeding them with?

I am using a minidsp SHD studio to feed digital to a pair of 8361 via toslink for TV and AES for streaming music.
  13. G

A Visit to Genelec USA (Natick MA)

Just ran across this post. I will soon be making plans to visit this facility to better experience and understand possible future system expansion paths. Making the trip will cost $500 or so with flight and hotel along with a day of vacation but I consider that a bargain if it helps in...
  14. G

SOLD!!!: JBL SDP-75 16 channel: SOLD!!!

I just posted these for sale.
  15. G

FS: JBL M2 Reference Monitor, LCR

Selling 3, JBL M2 Reference Monitors. Plenty of good information out there on these. JBL spent a great deal of time developing these and it shows. I was lucky enough to hear these prior to purchase at Harman in LA. I also took part in the M2 shootout. Having owned the Salon2 and M2 at the same...
  16. G

SOLD!!!: JBL SDP-75 16 channel: SOLD!!!

Selling my JBL SDP-75 16 channel processor with accompanying Trinnov measurement microphone. You could make a good argument that this is one of the best processors currently available. If you have certain Harman speakers then you can use this device to provide measurement and crossover duties...
Top Bottom