Search results

1. K

Canjam Singapore 2019 - Day 2 Impressions

Following up to my Day 1 Impressions, today I spent more time exploring 'new and exciting stuff'. Full Gallery here. Pardon the Potato Quality of Photos, they are snapshots from my el-cheapo action cam. I'd be keeping this a bit more brief from the last one, as I went through quite a bit of...
  2. K

Canjam Singapore 2019 - Day 1 Impressions

So I visited the Canjam today. The first for me so I had quite a few expectations from the event. Today was Day 1, and I thought I would take this day to explore the 'familiar' and 'known' side, to get an experience of how it feels to listen to stuff at Canjam. I took my 6XX and Sine for...
  3. K

SMSL M100 vs SMSL Sanskrit 10th

So the AliExpress anniversary sale is coming up, and these two have caught my eye because they can be bought for under 70$ with the right coupon. Amir has measured the Sanskrit and it works well with spdif and a dedicated power supply. SMSL products have also been faring well on ASR tests. I'm...
  4. K

Scratchy Noisy Pot on the JDS Atom

So, my JDS Atom has a veryyyy noisy pot. Rotating it causes quite a bit of noise. Given that it is an analog pot (I believe), do you think I shouldn't worry too much or get and RMA ? Has anyone else faced this on the Atom yet ?
  5. K

Of Audiophiles and Snake Oil - A story in the making

I posted a long'ish' thread on Reddit regarding audiophiles and their ideas on 'expensive being better' - I'd love to know what everyone here thinks about this. Am I among the handful who feels like objectivity is the only 'objective' for DACs/Amps? Should I do what they say and 'trust my...
  6. K

A cost effective Music Server and HTPC

After reading Amir's build log on the Music server with fanless passive cooling parts, I set out to find a bang-for-buck configuration on my own. I sincerely believe that passive cooling is sensible only if you are inside well insulated soundproofed anechoic chamber. For the build, I would put a...
  7. K

Massdrop x Grace Design Standard Balanced DAC

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-grace-design-standard-dac-balanced#overview After the decent basic Grace SDAC which Amir measured here, https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-massdrop-x-grace-design-sdac.2495/ I found this on Massdrop as...
  8. K

Pairing Unbalanced DAC with a Balanced Amp

Question is the title. I'm looking to pair an unbalanced DAC (my Topping D30) with a Balanced Amp (Massdrop THX or Loxjie P20) . My understanding is that the balanced AMPs are better for powering my T50RP and H4XX as well as my 6XX. Can anyone shed some light on the limitations?
  9. K

FR Chart Observations - And a way to find the best sound signature for 'almost' everyone

In my attempt to find my preferable FR for headphones, I went on various sites to explore and found that RTINGs had a decent way of documenting them. I know that since they might have had only one unit at hand, their charts might not be representative of an aggregated FR curve for their devices...
Top Bottom