Search results

1. Birdy

Crossover MKP Capacitors

I use two different 33 uF MKP capacitors in series to make 16.5 uF. One is a DIYaudio Silver cap and the other an old Solen Chataeu Rough(?) Does using them in series have negative consequences? Would it make an audible difference to use just one MKP capacitor? The sound is good and does this...
  2. Birdy

Subwoofer / TV stand

I wanted a subwoofer to complement my floor standing 3 way speakers. Maybe this design helps people to think out of the box and design a subwoofer that does not look like a subwoofer but more of a TV stand. It’s a 3.2 m. 160 L. transmission line tuned at 30 Hz with four 6.5 inch bass drivers...
  3. Birdy

Aiyima A07 RCA volume control

I just got my second Aiyima A07 which i use to drive a subwoofer. I have a Aiyima pre tube amp (A03) which is connected to the first 07 amp for the main speakers. I use the line out of the 07 power amp to drive a Boss BX55 sub crossover which is connected to the RCA of the second Aiyima A07. I...
  4. Birdy

TPA 3116 VS TPA 3255

I am running a 2x 4 ohm TL subwoofer 240 watt / 85 dB with a two TPA3116 el cheapo board, 2 channel amp with a 24volt 10 A power supply. The 4 bass drivers have a very light styrophome cones and suspencion so depend much on the amp to start and stop. Would a TPA3255 amp (Aiyima 07) with a 48v...
  5. Birdy

Hidizs DH80/DH80S Portable Balanced DAC

Anybody out there with experience with this DAC ? It received some good review, i am looking to update my DAC in this price range ($ 100)
  6. Birdy

Can anyone explain distortion graph numbers?

I have a pair of floorstanding speakers and made some measurements with REM and a simple microphone from my sony TV (stereo). I have a idea about frequency curve and waterfall but not about the distortion. How much it is? I think the microphone gave up at 10 KHz and under 100 Hz... I would like...
  7. Birdy

DAC Upgrade for streaming from notebook

I am using a Hifime UAE23HD USB DAC (ES9018K2M+SA9023) for 4+ years and in general i am satisfied with the sound but like many, i always keep an eye on improving my sound without breaking the bank. This usb DAC was $69. I use it only for streaming music from my notebook, mainly Tidal and some 88...
Top Bottom