Search results

1. G

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

Yawn, you are repeating the same posts and quotes again and again, this does not make them any more true. Yes I admit it, the Utopia has a lot more bass below 10Hz! But in the region above 100 kHz the HD800 is superior!
  2. G

Looking for suggestions on new headphones

The best soundstage has arguably the Sennheiser HD800 (S). It also has a lot of space for large ears, a low clamp force and is very comfortable. With EQ (modifying the low bass and the treble spike), it is a delight.
  3. G

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Nobody said he can not design well measuring audio gear. It is just that it is 1) ridiculously expensive and 2) good measuring, but beyond that by far not as special as he claims it to be.
  4. G

First 500$ HiFi setup (Headphone + DAC) recommandations please

Come on, there is simply no comparison in soundstage to any IEM or TWS whatsoever. Try it. With EQ the HD800 is hard to beat IMO.
  5. G

I haven't had any, nor will I most likely ever, no bass at all, strange peaks in the FR and overpriced, as stated already: https://crinacle.com/graphs/headphones/graphtool/?share=Harman_AE_OE_2018_Target,SR325e. But strangely enough WhatHifi, the most reliable source of gear on the internet and...
  6. G

With all due respect, first of all I think the OP asked for headphones, not TWSs, and the Anker Liberty 3 Pro might sound good and offer favorable value for the price, but being on par with the soundstage king HD 800? No way. I would also recommend the Sundara, the Dx3Pro+ is fine. This combo is...
  7. G

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

I don't really get it, if other owners believably confirm that the $150 Topping L30II drives them with ease, is it asked for too much to make that investment for a $4000 headphone? Since it is an open back, it is anyway not made for taking on the streets.
  8. G

You know how it works, just send them in, I guess many more people would like to know, especially the low distortion and better dynamics claims.
  9. G

Beryllium might have lower distortion or allow the construction of thinner diaphragms, but on the other hand it is a good justification of charging a lot more for maybe just the same or hardly improved performance.
  10. G

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

From the experience I have from headphones I have as well (HD650, AKG 702, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, Hifiman Sundara) and from what I read about almost all flagship models, there simply is no other headphone with such a huge soundstage. The known deficencies (bright and low bass) can be treated...
  11. G

Interesting, comparing the sound of a headphone to the one of a loudspeaker. I for my part have the Sennheiser HD800 and HD650, the Hifiman Sundara, the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro and the AKG 702. Neither of them has more "punch" than another, whatever this might be.
  12. G

This guy knows nothing, he even talks about DAC sound and the like, pathetic.
  13. G

Is there a Genelec/Benchmark/RME equivalent for IEM/CIEMs?

Do you want a serious answer? Do you want to learn something? In FR and adherence to the Harman curve they can, even better than headphones, and in distortionless, clear bass as well. But not in soundstage, layering and imaging. They most likely never will, as no pinna interaction takes place...
  14. G

I assume the new heavy dip above 10kHz is to increase the punch?
  15. G

Is there a Genelec/Benchmark/RME equivalent for IEM/CIEMs?

I would recommend the oBravo Ra C-Cu. This is the most expensive IEM from crinacles list and high price seems to be the most relevant factor.
  16. G

Maybe, but apparantly not from you. I am always open to learn, although I have already a PhD.
  17. G

Nice try as a psychologist now. I actually really wanted to know if the Utopia has to offer anything special for this exorbitant price and all I got were no very credible claims. So I better will not ask again, which is a pitty, as I have learned already quite a lot from ASR, alas not in this...
  18. G

That says it all, nice that you admit it. The Utopia is bling, for which a lot of money is asked, other headphones really offer something special for their price, for example the HD 800 a huge soundstage for not a half the money or the Dan Clark Audio Expanse or Stealth excellent adherence to...
  19. G

Tonally yes, but it has not a great soundstage.
Top Bottom