Search results

1. P

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Hi together, I have the A90 discrete and i would like to add Genelec 8020 active studio monitors. I think everything should be fine if I connect the Genelecs via XLR to the preamp output of the A90 discrete. ist this right?
  2. P

Hi together, I would like to connect a tube amp to the preamp output of the A90 discrete. I do not know if I will use the balanced or the single ended preamp output of the A90 discrete. Could you tell me if the preamp outputs have a passthrough when the A90 discrete is turned off so that I can...
  3. P

S.M.S.L PO100, PO100 PRO & PO100 AK - Measurements (Digital Interfaces & DAC)

Hi, I went through some trial and error connecting my PO100 Pro with my Musician Pegasus. Maybe you can somehow benefit from what I have written in following forum post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/musician-audio-pegasus-r2r-dac.942618/post-17338534
  4. P

Hi together, I have received the PO100 Pro and everything works fine connected to a Windows 11 PC. Do you think I should install the driver from the SMSL Website even though it seems to work also without these drivers?
  5. P

Great, thank you for the quick clarification!
  6. P

Hello all, being new to HiFi, I have a question that is probably a bit silly: could I use a suitable adapter to connect my headphones (Meze 109 Pro) to the XLR outputs on the back of the A90d? Are the rear connectors not suitable for headphones for some reason? Best regards Bojan
  7. P

Yes absolutely, but maybe I have stated an invalid question due to a lack of knowledge on my side. At the moment I have crackles in my sound when I use an optical toslink connection between my PC and my Musician Pegasus DAC. I think this is due to a combination of a low quality optical output on...
  8. P

Hi together, I plan to connect a MacBook via PO100 Pro to a DAC (Musician Pegasus). As I am not very experienced I have a couple of questions and I hope you can help me: 1) Does the quality of the USB-C cable between MacBook and PO100 Pro play any role regarding the resulting sound quality or...
  9. P

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Thank you for the quick reply! So I am very interested in buyingh tzhe Chord Mojo 2 along with a DCA Aeon 2 Noire or a Meze 109 Pro, do not know which one to choose. But one thing I do not understand is following: Does this really mean that there is no audible benefit in getting something like...
  10. P

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

So are you happy with driving the noises directly by the Mojo 2? Or do you use an additional amp between Mojo 2 and the Noires?
  11. P

Which setup should I buy right now?

Yeah right the DX7 Pro Plus is also a good option! Somehow I am interested in what I have read about these discrete amplifiers. And class A also sounds interesting to me. This is why somehow I feel more pulled to the A90 discrete or even the SA-1… But I have never had the chance to hear these...
  12. P

Which setup should I buy right now?

Hello all, I want to put together a new setup of headphones and amp & DAC. I would use the combination not only for listening to music, but also for non-competitive gaming. I have already had some experience with a Dan Clark Audio on a combination of Topping D30 Pro and Topping A90, with this I...
  13. P

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

If I understand Amirs review right, the DX7 Pro has a too high noise floor for sensitive IEMs and maybe not enough power to power the Dan Clark Aeon 2 Noire...
  14. P

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

So I am in my final thoughts to decide if I should buy the Singxer SA-1 or the Topping A90 to pair it with my Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire. I have read that the SA-1 is a class A amplifier that sometimes switches to class B when it has to get to its higher amplification levels. As the Aeon 2...
  15. P

Sounds great! Would you also have a recommendation regarding a DAC? I use a Topping D30 Pro at the moment but if you have a DAC that you would call a great combination to the Noire and the SA1 I would be very happy!
  16. P

Great! Would you say that it is a great pairing or would you prefer any other amp for the Noire? Maybe the A90?
  17. P

Hi together, I am looking for a new amp to pair with my Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire. Would the Singxer SA-1 work well with these? I am a little bit unsure because I read that it has distortion when it has to put out high power levels to low impedance headphones. If I understand things right...
  18. P

Cool, but in which categories does the Matrix blow the others away? How about sound quality?
  19. P

I have the Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire and I have to choose between the K9 Pro, the Matrix Audio Mini-I Pro 3 or a Topping stack of D30 Pro and A90. Which would you prefer for the Noire?
Top Bottom