Search results

1. G

Airpods Pro 2

Thanks. Great tool. Hadn't seen it before!
  2. G

Airpods Pro 2

I'm curious - where did you find the EQ curve? I've been looking and can't find a text file to download, just lots of pointers to iOS settings. I'm looking for a text file to use with SoundSource. Second the very noticeable difference in bass. It makes my wired IEMs sound bass-light, and...
  3. G

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

Since they offer a Lightning cable, I infer that iOS is also supported; is that correct? Can anyone verify? TY!
  4. G

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Hi all - does anyone know how to disable the "auto on" feature? Even when my laptop is asleep, the DX3 Pro+ turns on every few minutes, and starts warming up. TIA!
  5. G

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Mine arrived today. Using the included memory foam tips (silicone ones always fall out of my ears). First impression (obv colored by expectation) is that the bass/upper bass is a little pulled back compared to the blue Zero; bass extension sounds a little deeper but have not done a direct...
  6. G

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

I like the first version (but found them a touch bass-heavy); ordered a pair of these. Tough to beat this kind of value. I use memory foam tips almost exclusively, FWIW. Thanks for your work, Amir.
  7. G

FS: Marantz AV8802A, Anthem MCA-20, Anthem MCA-50, Ascend Sierra-2

For those interested, the AV8802A sold for $600, with the estimated repair cost for the HDMI board at $500. TBH, I'm happier with my Sonos Beam than I ever was with the AV8802A.
  8. G

Hi, it sold, unfortunately. The MCA-50 and Marantz AV8802A are still available.
  9. G

I am selling: (Sold) Marantz AV8802A processor - $1200, have remote, antennas, box (Sold) Anthem MCA-20 2-channel amp - $400 Anthem MCA-50 5-channel amp - $800, have box (Sold) Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 w/RAAL ribbon tweeter - $600, have box I noted some issues with sound dropout on the...
  10. G

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Not sure if it's exactly what you're asking but I bought these and they fit. I prefer them over the included memory foam tips, both for sound and fit.
  11. G

Received mine a week or two ago; ordered Moondrop MIS T55 tips (M) to go with them; really pleased with the combo! I'm using @Maiky76's EQ, which - even though it wasn't made with the memory foam tips - does a nice job of mellowing out the sound and boosting the bass a bit. Cymbals still feel a...
  12. G

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Rogue Amoeba has 20% off on all their software. I use SoundSource (Mac EQ software) and really like it. It makes headphone EQ much easier... easy enough that I'll actually do it.
  13. G

Thanks for the suggestion; ordered a set to try.
  14. G

Does anyone know which memory foam tips would work well with these? I've had repeated poor fit with silicone tips. I use these with the AirPods Pro and like them: https://www.amazon.com/Comply-Comfortable-Canceling-Charging-Assorted/dp/B088KPNKN2/ Would these work with the Zero? "TxC Zero"...
  15. G

Also, ordered! Do these come with tips? We'll see how these fit/function compared to the FiiO FD5...
  16. G

This is a WAF debate I absolutely do NOT need in my life.
  17. G

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Earlier today, I was presented with no sound out of the DX3 Pro+, except for a low hum at max volume... no headphone I tried on the HPA out worked, but they all worked on the laptop headphone jack. I was concerned that I'd somehow blown it up, and spent half an hour troubleshooting... but it...
  18. G

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

It's good! Upon first listen, I wasn't sure if I'd keep them or send them back, but I think I'm a convert. I think I listen at pretty low volumes; on low gain, I have the DX3+ around -30 to -20 dB. On high gain, -20 dB was painfully loud. I haven't tried the L30 yet and may not need to... I'm...
  19. G

Thanks for the info. I installed SoundSource (Mac) and the Oratory and Sample 2 EQ. I don't hear much difference between no EQ and Sample 2; the Oratory seems to take care of the bass boominess and that was my biggest issue. So I'll play around for a bit and see. It does seem like there's a bit...
  20. G

Got mine today. Using off of a DX3 Pro+ with Bluetooth streaming from Spotify, since that's what's available. Listening with phone at max and DX3 at -25ish. I don't listen very loud, usually. First impressions: Cables are surprisingly tricky to secure. Was worried I'd break them. Cable itself...
Top Bottom