Search results

1. Seatown7

DAC Upgrade for BlueSound Node 3?

Greetings, I have a BlueSound Node 3 as part of a bedroom system based on a late '90's Naim NAC 72/NAP 140/Hi Cap. I'm aware of the limitations of the Node DAC but love how easy it is to control Tidal and Apple files. I would like to ask you folks which DAC you'd pair with the NODE for...
  2. Seatown7

Put Together a $5k to $7k System?

Alrighty. Since y’all have killed my dream system with all your sciency facts and objective reasoning, what would you put together for a reasonably priced system for the average size living room? Must have streaming capabilities since you disapprove of the shiny black circles I’ve collected…...
  3. Seatown7

Looking to purchase my "end game" amplifier.

I’ve demo’d my OG LS50s against the Metas. I thought the Metas were different certainly, but not necessarily better. Plus, I got my “Black Edition” LS50s from a guy who hadn’t even put 50 hours on them before stumbling in to a pair of Monitor Audio Platinums. I got them for 1/2 the price of new...
  4. Seatown7

I’m absolutely in agreement with you on the LS50s, but they’re fantastic in my smaller room. I feel the Brio R is capable of bumping them, but just barely. The Aethos will move those 5” cones with room to spare. I’ll need that juice to eventually move the larger speakers. The Aethos is a smoking...
  5. Seatown7

Thank you for these quick replies. The new room is 16x20 feet. My listening position will be approximately 10 feet from the wall, 8ish feet from where I guess the speakers will end up. I do listen to rock, but not so loud anymore…but on occasion… I don’t want monstrous speakers…probably would...
  6. Seatown7

Greetings. I've been lurking for a bit on this great site and would like some advice. I've been a fan of the "British hi-fi" stuff for about 20 years now. I've had good luck buying used Naim and Rega gear and getting it to sound well in typically smallish spaces. As I approach my 60's, I'd...
Top Bottom