Search results

1. V

Phono preamp or stereo amplifier?

Thanks for reaching out. I moved the phono pre-amp further away from the receiver and other equipment such as a wi-fi router. For now, the interference sounds to have diminished. At least, while the record is playing, I cannot hear any disturbance. However, in between tracks, and before the...
  2. V

Hello All: Many thanks for your detailed insights. Based on the feedback, it appears to me that there a few things I can try out without spending too much money - I shall do so! I do like the sound of my system, but wanted to figure if I could improve upon it - hence my queries. Thanks again...
  3. V

Thanks for your insights. I do hear a hiss even when a record is not playing. I really don't mind the hiss, ticks, pops and crackles - at least I thought I could minimize the hiss as much as possible. I do have a CD player, but I prefer vinyl with all of the above characteristics - to my ears...
  4. V

Thanks for responding! With the power to the turntable cut-off, there isn't any hissing. In particular, there isn't any hiss while streaming through my phone or the Apple TV. I have tried the Pure Direct mode, but, the audio just comes out flat. I am not really sure what's the purpose of the...
  5. V

Regarding your comment on Option 2: the Yamaha is connected to the power amplifier using it's pre-outs. So, I was thinking of removing the current preamp and the Yamaha from the 2-channel audio playback and replace them with an integrated amplifier. Of course, I can connect my speakers directly...
  6. V

Thanks for your response! The turntable and preamp are separated from the rest of the components, at least physically. However, these do share the same electrical outlet with the power amplifier and the subwoofer. I have connected the Yamaha receiver and other home theater components to a...
  7. V

Hello All: I want to seek your advise regarding upgrading components in my audio system. I have a home theater composed of B&W speakers, a Yamaha RX-A3050 receiver and a Monoprice Monolith 5-channel power amplifier which produces 200 W/channel. Also, I have a Rega Planar 2 MM turntable...
Top Bottom