Search results

1. phoenixdogfan

How Much Computer Do I Need for My New Server

I am considering replacing my 2014 vintage I7 Windows computer with something smaller and quieter. and I'm trying to figure out how cheaply I can do this. All I really want to use the server for is to stream Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Qobuz through JRiver, and apply DSP in the form of PEQ and...
  2. phoenixdogfan

Audio Critic--Complete Archive

Biline.ca now has a complete archive of the original, historic journal of objective, high-end audio reviewing, the Audio Critic. Previously, Biline had only parts of Volume 2, and the online Webzine articles. As of very recently, they have filled in the gap and now have everything ever...
  3. phoenixdogfan

DIY Conversion of Sennheiser HD800 Headphone Cable From Unbalanced to 4 Pin XLR

I have a pair of OG HD800s which came with a very nice unbalanced cable, but no balanced one. I recently priced out HD 800 cables and the cheapest I could find was around $125 from Etsy. Sennheiser wants $375 for their own cable. Since the HD800s are terminated with a unique proprietary...
  4. phoenixdogfan

Using miniDSP 2 x 4 HD's usb port as output.

I have a miniDSP 2 x 4 HD and I've just learned that the micro usb port on the front can be used as both and input and an output. My question regards what limitations it has as an output. I plan (hope) I can use the spidf input for a 24/96 digital signal, then use the device's digital xover...
  5. phoenixdogfan

USB Channel Distrbution Switch

I'm currently looking at purchasing an Octo 8 DAC Pro, but given the price, the wait time, and the necessity for out of country shipment in the event it should need service, I'm also willing to explore my options. Right now I just need around 5 channels for a 4.1 Surround system, and separately...
  6. phoenixdogfan

Need help using the I2S header in the miniDSP 2 x 4 HD to add 2 spidf digital outputs to unit.

The miniDSP 2 x 4 is an extremely versatile processor which can function as a 2 X 4 digital crossover, PEQ, FIR filter, and now can run a full version 2.0 of Dirac Live. It accepts USB input for both control and audio inputs (one of the few that does) as well as spidf coax, and 2-channel analog...
  7. phoenixdogfan

The effect of materials employed in drivers re loudspeaker performance

I noticed in one of Amir's speaker reviews a newer member made an allusion to driver materials having some salutary influence on the reproduced sound of a speaker. All things being equal, I wonder how true this assertion really is. I know it's a great marketing point for some of the companies...
Top Bottom