Search results

1. A

Bands you just didn't 'get' initially

I never understood Nirvana when I was in High School. But now that I'm older I understand their music for the time and those crazy teens thrashing about.
  2. A

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

Try them out and see! It's rated at 1.5w at 32 ohm and 200mw at 300 ohm.
  3. A

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

I'V been listening for a week now and it sound good. Amplifier is a Yamaha M-35, speakers Mission AE, headphones HE400se and it has plenty of power to drive them. The Dac does have a soft pop when turning on.
  4. A

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

I'm satisfied and the only thing I would add is a another Dac. I have the SU-1 just want something bigger size and more inputs to look better in my rack.
  5. A

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

I returned my Wiim Pro for two reasons. One of my favorite Net Radio stations DHR could not be streamed using my premium subscription. The owner of DHR confirmed that it could not. The biggest decision was my 55 inch tv. I had my laptop connected to my dac and HDMI out to the tv so I could see...
  6. A

Down4Sound JP95 Car Amplifier Review

JP sells these amps like Hot cakes. They produce large amounts of power for bass heads who just want to be the loudest and paying little money. Just think 30 years ago this amp would be $1000!!
  7. A

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

I saw a couple of reviews on You tube and though nice form factor to sit next to the PC monitor.
  8. A

Review and Measurements of Technics SL-PG100 vintage CD player

Old thread but thought I say my Technics SL-P555(1989) is still going strong.
  9. A

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

I just purchased the WiiM Pro version and I must say I'm pressed. It's my first streamer coming from a laptop. It's output is via optical to the SU-1 dac. Has anyone upgraded the power supply for any version of the streamer? Something like the iFi power 2, $70. I'm seeing videos and talk of it...
  10. A

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

I see this amplifier at at Goodwill often for less than $40. I picked up the R-N303 for $50.
  11. A

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Texas "Beef Capitol of the World"
  12. A

Why do streaming audio players seem to be useless and overpriced bling to me?

I purchased one of the mini pc's from Minis forum connected to a Topping dac that will fit behind my tv that's mounted on the wall. I personally just like streaming Tidal, DHR and Radio Paradise on a 55 inch tv and browsing forums on another tab (wireless keyboard and mouse). I've been curious...
  13. A

McIntosh MC 427 Amplifier Review

I've only seen one of these amps in an install and the guy was very protective of it. They are sought after amps for sure. If I ever run into one I would buy it and use it, at the right price of course. Keep these amp reviews coming!!
  14. A

D'AMORE E660.5 Car Amplifier Review

Class D has come along way. I'm running a JL HD 1200/1 amp and my alternator is only 100 amps (2024 Camry). My lights don't dim when a hard bass note hits, but I see the voltage drop to 13.
  15. A

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

Well I had to buy a new car as my old car died so that's my gift. I've already spent enough all year on audio gear for the next 5 years. ;)
  16. A

To get that Higher consistent voltage in car audio one needs an upgraded alternator, big three upgrade under the hood and bigger battery banks. They go crazy in car audio with 400 amp Alternators and lithium banks that span the rear of the car.
  17. A

JL Audio HD900/5 Review (Car Amplifier)

I found a JL HD1200/1 at a pawn shop earlier this year for $200 (brand new it's $1500). I took a chance on it as it looked brand new, sticker on the bottom had a 2021 manufacturing date. It was missing the power plug so I ordered one and it worked just fine. It's a great amp with plenty of power...
  18. A

Good review! I am a car audio enthusiast first, 90s Bass head. I can't imagine driving a car without good sound and bass. I'm one of those guys that replaces all the factory speakers, sound deadens the doors, trunk and foam/Tesa tape on all wires. I believe in a quality amplifier that does...
  19. A

Show us your Cars

Hopefully I'll be done with Beauty by end of Spring. 1958 Bel Aire
Top Bottom