Search results

1. H

The Yamaha R-N803 seems to be just a total winner - What am I missing...?

If you didn't care about MusicCast/Airplay, would the A-S501 or A-S701 be a better buy? The R-N803D is available refurbished in Australia for A$989. The A-S501 would be A$770 brand new (when it's ever back in stock). Apart from MusicCast and a couple of extra digital inputs the features are the...
  2. H

And in the specs in the manual the 602 actually has better THD than the 803D.. 602: Total harmonic distortion PHONO (MM) to OUT (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 3 V) .........................................0.025% or less CD, etc. to SPEAKERS (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 40.0 W, 8 Ω) ...........................0.015% or...
  3. H

new amp for office setup

Thanks AnalogSteph. I have the remote but it is dead - the transmit light does not flash. The IR receiver works as I've been able to control the receiver with an old phone and with a Broadlink IR transmitter. The receiver is not in reach to easily switch sources or plug/unplug the headphones...
  4. H

new amp for office setup

In my office setup I have Yamaha RX-V540 5.1ch AVR (from 2003, bought used) - working fine other than the remote Dali Zensor 1 bookshelf speakers, located on the desk next to my computer monitors (impedance plot: https://www.stereophile.com/content/dali-zensor-1-loudspeaker-measurements)...
  5. H

Thanks. From the data you linked to the distortion is higher but it's a pretty small difference. And the 803 is nearly twice the price, when it's even available. I would like to see a similar plot for the A-S301/501 (although these are also out of stock everywhere here)... I don't strictly need...
  6. H

The 803 seems to be unavailable in Australia now. Does anyone know of measurements of the 602? It would meet my needs and should be easier to get too and less expensive.
Top Bottom