Search results

1. K man

How much mid bass is sent to height channels?

How much mid bass energy is typically sent to height channels? Most height speakers doesn't go very deep and may benefit from being crossed over at 120Hz or even higher. At the same time you don't want to cross over subwoofers too high, preferably below 100Hz, to avoid them becoming...
  2. K man

Help needed regarding choice of HPF

As far as I've understood it, most AVRs' crossover is a 4th order Linkwitz-Riley LPF and 2nd order Butterworth HPF. I guess this works well when you put the crossover point where the speakers natural roll off starts, but if you want to put it higher you get an increase of bass in the area...
  3. K man

Best Front Height (Atmos) speakers

I'm looking into adding some front height speakers above my front speakers (Monitor Audio Platinum PL200 II), to help enlarge the stereo image. Since I'm using my system for music and don't want to degrade the sound quality I'm looking for something good that can make the fronts fair. The...
  4. K man

Using front speakers to get multiple (virtual) subwoofers

Maybe this is a known technique but I haven't seen anything written about it, so I decided to share the idea since it's been very successful for me. I have a 6.2 system but for the sake of this article I'll focus on the 2.2 part of it. Equipment Denon AVR-X4400H miniDSP C-DSP 8x12 DL Buckeye...
  5. K man

USB to HDMI without channel reduction

I'm looking into streaming a Dolby Atmos PCM stream through USB over a USB to HDMI adapter. However, it seems like most USB to HDMI adapters are reducing the number of channels into stereo only. Are there any USB to HDMI adapters able to preserve the Dolby Atmos stream without loss of channels?
  6. K man

ADC measurements

As far as I can tell @amirm has not been measuring the ADC performance on any of the AVR reviews. I think this is a bit unfortunate as a lot of people (in particular among regular users) are using the analog ins to plug in a variety of sources. There is then a common wisdom (among non-regular...
  7. K man

Requested: Roksan Caspian M2

Is there anyone in US who owns a Roksan Caspian M2 power amp and would be willing to lend it to @amirm for testing? I would be very curious to see how it performs. I would have sent him my own if it wasn’t for the fact that I live in Sweden (which means a lot of shipping costs) and that it’s...
  8. K man

Combining the powers of Audyssey and Dirac Live together

I'm successfully using a setup where I use both Audyssey XT32 and Dirac Live 3.1 together. Since I haven't seen any texts online about anyone else doing that I figure I might share my setup. If nothing else just for inspiration and to point out the possibility. Speakers: Monitor Audio Platinum...
  9. K man

Estimated performance of Denon AVR-X4000

I got a Denon AVR-X4000 and would be really curious to get an idea of how well it would measure in comparison to the most recent models. Now, shipping it from Sweden to @amirm might be a bit too much, and I don't know how interested he would be in testing such an old device. However, without...
Top Bottom