Search results

1. K man

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Maybe we should start arranging exchange travels among the members and listen to each other’s systems. I’m sure people would love to show them off! :)
  2. K man

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Malmö, Sweden Fascinating to see in the SimilarWeb statistics that Sweden, with a population of 10M and not being native English speaking, comes in second after USA with a population of 330M and ahead of UK with a population of almost 70M…
  3. K man

How much mid bass is sent to height channels?

What I've been talking about is neither in/on-ceiling speaker nor upfirers, but height speakers, that are placed on the wall but up close to the ceiling. It's interesting what you write about the crossover of 150Hz for upfirers though, since it seems most speakers on the market in the regard is...
  4. K man

Minidsp C-DSP 8x12 V2.0 Review

Yes, you could then get 8 low level RCA output channels.
  5. K man

Thanks a lot for all the effort, @Andysu. Appreciated. So indeed it seems like bass energy is pushed into all channels, including height and overhead. Perhaps with the only difference that the overall energy level (in all frequencies) is lower than in the listener level speakers. Currently...
  6. K man

So most home height (and overhead) speakers’ limitations in the mid bass area is an actual and real limitation?
  7. K man

That’s a good rationale and argument. But… … is also a good argument, for the opposite. The statement that the height speakers should be tonality matched with the listener level speakers could also be read as implying that they should be able to reproduce mid and upper bass in the same way...
  8. K man

Unfortunately that document doesn’t treat height speakers at all, only overhead speakers. It doesn’t say a lot about the amount of bass sent to overhead speakers either, only that they should be tonality matched with the listener level speakers.
  9. K man

Since I haven’t yet received any replies to this, @amirm could you maybe point me to someone who might know? (Alternatively point them to this thread.)
  10. K man

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

@Art of sound. Thanks, but a frequency response doesn’t really tell much in this case (on a DSP that can be EQed). I would like to se distortion, power, etc.
  11. K man

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

One thing that’s interesting to note is that it’s also sold together with a DSP USB-C cable (with mic), for less than the Moondrop Free DSP cable alone. No measurements available on the former one, but worth considering for those who been thinking of buying the Free DSP cable as a USB-C...
  12. K man

How much mid bass energy is typically sent to height channels? Most height speakers doesn't go very deep and may benefit from being crossed over at 120Hz or even higher. At the same time you don't want to cross over subwoofers too high, preferably below 100Hz, to avoid them becoming...
  13. K man

AES Paper Presentation on DAC Measurements (Video)

My favorite takeaway here was the price performance correlation of 0.09… I was actually laughing when you showed that figure. It’s pretty insane.
  14. K man

NAD C298 Stereo Amplifier Review

I would go for a Buckeye amp instead. Then go out for a nice dinner to congratulate myself on the money I just saved.
  15. K man

Kef R Meta Series Release

That’s a very reasonable reasoning. Still, I would be curious to see how much worse, or at least different, the Q50a are.
  16. K man

That's too bad. Having tested some of the rest of the Q series, maybe you would be up for pick up the Q50a, @hardisj? :)
  17. K man

Did anyone (@exm?) end up sending a Q50a speaker to Amir? We now have data on R8a and R8 Meta. Would be great to have some data on Q50a to see how it compares. May help many judge if the significantly more expensive R8 Meta is worth it (as the R8a has now become hard to get hold of).
  18. K man

Help needed regarding choice of HPF

Perfect. That was exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot. :)
  19. K man

I guess the essence of my question is: What HPF should I add on top of a 2nd order Butterworth to best match (get a linear sum) with a 4th order Linkwitz-Riley LPF. The practicalities with measurements, PEQs, etc. comes later. I want to get the theory right first (or at least a good approximation).
  20. K man

As far as I've understood it, most AVRs' crossover is a 4th order Linkwitz-Riley LPF and 2nd order Butterworth HPF. I guess this works well when you put the crossover point where the speakers natural roll off starts, but if you want to put it higher you get an increase of bass in the area...
Top Bottom