Search results

1. Fraxo

In search of a small Dac+Amp (for IEMs) that sounds close to Topping DX3 Pro+

Hi everyone. I'm using the Topping DX3 Pro+ for professional work but I also work on the go quite often, so I bought Fiio K3 Dac Amp. I noticed a significant difference in sound between them, so I though to ask for a recommendation for a budget friendly compact Dac Amp.
  2. Fraxo

On Topping DX3 Pro+ - Is there a knob that I could connect volume changes? Issue using Windows Volume Macros on DAW.

I'm using my Topping DX Pro+ connected to a Focusrite 18i8 via COAX) for speakers and IEMs, but they're located far from my hands. When I use Focusrite USB ASIO Drivers with my DAW, my windows' keyboard macros for volume controls STOP WORKING so even macros don't do anything. So with my current...
  3. Fraxo

Passive Filters to change headphones sound? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME!

So I stumble upon this guy - modified the DT1990 and somehow created a Passive Filter to reduce the "8k" peak. He mentioned @solderdude as well so I read a few posts here from years ago - yet my question remains (since no one addressed it): I was wondering, how do you choose components THAT...
  4. Fraxo

Any EQ Pros in the crowd? How sharp can EQ shaping be in Equalizer APO?

Is it possible for the Graphic EQ in Equalizer APO to perform such hard cuts and sharp shapes? I had a guy insisting, saying it's not possible... As it looks - Equalizer APO's Graphic EQ with Variable Bands shows the possibility to perform any type of shaping, as it's represented by a straight...
  5. Fraxo

Crazy searching EQ Plugin that's similar to Equalizer APO's Graphic EQ... HELP!

So I've looked everywhere and couldn't find a plugin that allows unlimited "point to point" type of equalization as APO's Graphic EQ does. As a DAW addition. That means not just bell shapes, shelves, cuts etc... Simply point to point "drawing of your curve. I need something that allows to...
  6. Fraxo

Why is tuning IEMs flat after the resonance peak so difficult? Graph

So thanks to @ADU and his fantastic explanation on the cause of shallow insertion depth 7-9.5kHz resonance peak (and the other peaks) in IEMs, I'm lead to ask another question. It became very clear that when using ear simulators - most IEMs struggle to have a linear frequency response before...
  7. Fraxo

What do think of Focusrite Scarlett 8i6? Includes SPDIF out. Rare for the price?

Needed to link my Topping Dac+Amp to a recording Audio Interface and came across the Scarlett 8i6 which offers SPDIF out. Is it as rare as it seems to find a good audio interface that offers SPDIF\Optical for that price? Am I missing a better option? Thanks!
  8. Fraxo

What equipment is necessary for Resistance and Conductivity measuring of IEM Cables?

My brother owns lots of professional electronics related equipment so I was wondering if there's a way to measure my IEM cables' Resistance and Conductivity. I won't take the cables apart, so I'm interested to know if I could somehow still measure it with certain electronics devices some of you...
  9. Fraxo

Are there any "lossless" extension cables for IEMs and Headphones?

So for my workspace, an extension (Female to Male) cable to plug my IEMs and Headphones would be an amazing convenience improvement. But - I'd rather not risk any audio signal degradation, unless it's extremely(!) minimal. Ik length could be an issue so I won't go over 1.5-2 meters. Is there a...
  10. Fraxo

What (physically) causes the 7.5-8.5kHz peak in human hearing with IEMs and why it's important...

I'm sick of people saying "it's a resonance peak of the measurement rig" because it's not just that. I hear it clearly in every IEM with direct correlation to measurements and the peak's intensity. What varies of course is the exact position of the peak (7.5-9.5kHz range in 99% of cases...
  11. Fraxo

Help! Topping DX3 Pro+ with Focusrite 8i6 - Connect both to utilize the Topping?

So I own the Topping DXe Pro+ and the Focusrite 8i6. I use it for studio recordings sometimes. Since the 8i6 has many outputs - I was wondering if there's a good way to chain the two so I could rely on the 8i6 as the main interface for recording, while enjoying the DX3+'s superior sound for...
  12. Fraxo

Is the ADI 2's EQ Digital or Analog? Is it different that EQing in EQ APO or a DAP?

Just trying to understand degradation of sound via EQ and different types and implementations so any info about it (direct or externally linked) would be appreciated. Specifically in common devices though, DAPs, Dac-Amps, via Computer etc... What are the technical aspects, (perhaps beyond...
  13. Fraxo

Is tuning IEMs with dampening materials/filters - inferior to tuning via Drivers/Shells?

Ik dampening and filters are convenient ways to tune IEMs to measure nicely, but don't they affect punchiness? Don't they change the FR linearity when playing different loudness? It almost feels too easy... Just filter to your liking and compensate with more loudness..? I'm highly suspicious of...
  14. Fraxo

I want to (physically) tune my dream IEM.

So while some of you might laugh this off, I truly want to learn everything possible about physical tuning of IEMs. Couldn't find much information about it, so I'd appreciate any links so I could start learning and experimenting. If you possess such knowledge in an advanced matter, I'm willing...
  15. Fraxo

Sound difference between High\Low Gain Setting when volume matched?

In a Dac+Amp that has more that one gain setting (that is switchable) - will it simply produce the exact same sound but with a different amount of amplification, or could there be actual differences in sound when volume is exactly matched? The specific device in Topping DX3 Pro+ I got for my...
  16. Fraxo

PCM filters - useful, simple understanding! (Topping DX3 Pro+)

First I'd like to thank any of you who comment, I appreciate your time reaching out to help! So I'm not highly familiar with different filters in hardware and what they cause. If it's similar to LP filters in the digital audio engineering domain - then I'd assume some pre ringing could be an...
  17. Fraxo

IEM Impulse Response. What does it prove? How does it translate to music?

Starting to go deeper thanks to @amirm content, I'd like to understand - what does a faster\slower Impulse Response translate to in regards to Musical content? Does it's shape matter? etc... Is it as controversial or unclear as it seems? I enjoyed how technical @amirm is and his methods of...
  18. Fraxo

What (scientifically) causes different earphones to hiss in different devices?

So ik sensitivity has a factor here, but in a more scientific sense (components, OHM, measurements etc) - how can I predict which Audio Playing Device + IEM combination will have no hiss issues at all? This seems like the right place for knowledge :) Thanks!
  19. Fraxo

In IEMs - Is there a scientific proof that BA Timbre is a real thing? What about "Speed"?

This whole topic is getting annoying. I don't need people to repeat the same facts about different technologies of drivers, Planar\BA\DD etc.. But can someone actually prove that there are differences beyond FR? An actual audible proof or something that impossible to refute? Debates about this...
  20. Fraxo

Loxjie D30 vs Fiio E10K - what to expect?

So I was wondering what I should expect as far as the headphones output differences. Are they big? Where would it be audible? Is the E10K actually more powerful? Would it distort quicker? If anyone could explain that and maybe refer me to some stats so I learn - that would be great. Trying to...
Top Bottom