Search results

1. X

Relatively Inexpensive Multichannel Amp

Just found this post: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/buckeye-nc-252mp-6-channel-hypex-amplifier-is-great.41837/#post-1559294 I'm nearly sold on the Buckeye. And yes, the amp would be for these speakers. It would move/stay with these speakers if I were to upgrade...
  2. X

I'm leaning toward the Buckeye, but would those particular speakers really benefit from anything more than the NC252? They're small speakers, but they are good quality small speakers: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-fq2kQ9sZsDj/p_819MIL1W/Paradigm-MilleniaOne-1-0-Gloss-White.html Plus don't...
  3. X

Thanks for suggesting this. That looks to be a much better amp than the Marantz. The Outlaw is also rated for 4 ohms. Don't think the Marantz is. That Marantz looks little more than a "good receiver amp" from the early 2010's, which is a lot better than modern 2023 receiver amps now, but not...
  4. X

Have exactly the same speakers 5x. Both movies and multichannel music.
  5. X

This application is just to power small Paradigm MilleniaOne speakers with an existing Marantz AV7005 Preamp Pro that has both RCA and XLR outs. I don't need anything super-powerful, but want good high quality clean power. The Marantz AV77005 would at least aesthetically match this well and...
  6. X

There are plenty of decent 5 channel amps in the higher $2-3ish k range, like ATI 1825, Parasound A52+, Anthem, Rotel, etc. Marantz makes a better 7 channel amp (8000 series) in that higher price range, but am hoping to find something decent in the $1500ish range.
  7. X

Tanks. That AT1825 is a nice amp, but it is quite expensive - out of budget and a bit overkill for this application. That's probably in Parasound A52 price range. Price range is $1500 give or take a few hundred for a 5 channel, so I don't need to cheap out on the Emotiva. The Marantz and...
  8. X

Looking for a relatively inexpensive 5-channel multichannel amp that is a good value for what it is. I've narrowed it down to: 1) Marantz MM7055 5-channel 2) Buckeye Hypex NC252MP 6-channel 3) Emotiva BasX A5 5-channel 1) and 2) are similarly priced, while 3) is by far the cheapest...
  9. X

NAD M28 Seven Channel Power Amplifier Review

I've been monitoring this and was very interested in NAD M28, so am very disappointed to hear of power issues on such a new unit. I had issues with a Parasound Halo A51, that has gotten multiple repairs, so was looking for something that sounded as good, but was more reliable and cooler, less...
  10. X

In ceiling speaker system - advice requested

Thanks. Based on the advice, my contact wanted built-ins, but he went with in-wall for front LCR vs. in-ceiling, so the sound will be coming from the right direction. My contact really wanted Klipsch, so he placed an order for the following system: Klipsch Pro 18-RW for front LCR, Klipsch Pro...
  11. X

In ceiling speaker system - advice requested

Helping a good friend put together an in ceiling speaker system. Due to spouse approval, there is no compromise on speaker location and they need to be in ceiling.' Total system will be 5.1, with focus on excellent sports sound & surround effect (only broadcast in 5.1), action movies, and...
  12. X

Revel PerformaBe speakers vs. older Paradigm Signature V3 speakers?

Agreed. Just an observation I wanted to share on them. In general, they are bright/forward speakers. I liked the Signature v3 much better overall.
  13. X

All I know is that when I listened to them, I could not stand how they sounded with certain equipment. They sounded more tolerable with others. They most certainly did NOT sound the same to me. I'm not talking about picking out "subtleties". My ears flat our hurt with certain combos, and it...
  14. X

My experience is that Personas are highly dependent on the upstream equipment feeding them. I know that may be contrary to others sentiments on the site, but I could not listen to them with a Sabre DAC or anything considered "highly transparent". They did better with the Anthem STR PRE. Still...
  15. X

Personas are temperamental speakers. They made my ears bleed when fed with ESS Sabre DAC Benchmark DAC3 HGC and AHB2 - hyper transparent. They sounded MUCH MUCH better with Parasound Halo JC1 and Anthem STR PRE.
  16. X

For the Revel Performa Be, would the F226Be be a good LR match for the C426 center? The F228Be would be great for stereo, but have a good sub with 80 Hz crossover, so don't think I'd get my $$ worth, when it is a 70% HT/30% music system.
  17. X

Thanks. What did you upgrade to and why? For musical home theater, probably good enough, if I like the sound. Will also try to listen to the Founders. I'm assuming the general consensus (for most) is that the F228Be is better than Paradigm Personas?
  18. X

I'm guessing the Revel Performa Be is the closest I can get to the Paradigm Signature V3 sound at my price range (better than the Founder series)? It's not as laid back as the old B&W 800 series? TAD is unobtanium.
Top Bottom