Search results

1. O

Hypex UcD180HG HxR amplifier module analysis and review

Ok. Thanks. This thread is closed. is that right? why?
  2. O

Hello again. Has now bought Hypex UCD180 HG and upgraded from ST. UCD180 HG is marked with the year 2022. I'm a little disappointed with one thing. Hypex uses pretty rubbish low quality electrolyte capacitors from brands one should not use. 1. samwha RD. (10UF100v) is Standard series for...
  3. O

Hello again. Has now managed to measure hypex ucd 180 st in a proper way. what is written in data sheet of hypex ucd180 is not correct! (180w / 4ohm, 105w / 8ohm) Just before the amplifier turned off (over current protection) I measure the following with 80hz sine tone. 23V 5.92A = 136.16 watts...
  4. O

Yes of course! If you look at pictures of my amplifier, you will understand. -- 45v-0v-45v + DC Another thing I did was replace all the capacitors. The two amplifier cards did not have the same capacitors. It was sanyo low ESR. I chose. A new one measured 0.35 ohms while the old one almost 2ohm.
  5. O

I use the exact same power supply for my Naim nap250 clone board class-ab to measure a very nice and clean sine curve. The switching frequency (f) for most Class D amplifiers is typically between 250kHz to 1.5MHz. With the Hypex UCD180 ST and my cheap ocilocope I measure high frequency noise...
  6. O

Can anyone confirm that the Hypex UCD180 has this protection feature that it turns off if you turn the volume up too high ?? Mine behaves this way but I do not know if there is something wrong with mine or if it is made this way ?? It is not power supply! It does not drop under load!
  7. O

Hello. Has now finally finished with amplifier construction of Hipex UCD180 ST. I use a 45V 500WATT power supply which is 11.111A. I use 2x 6A slow fuse. With 2x4ohm constant resistance loa,. fuse does not blow at max watts from both amplifiers. No volt drop either. How many watts do I get out...
  8. O

Ok. From personal experience after buying many Class-d amplifiers from ebay, there are a little too many who do not like low OHM. as 4 ohms and lower. Almost all are also made the same, the same basic construction. Another thing I want to mention. From experience, cheap class-ab has better...
  9. O

Sorry if I misunderstood something. Many Class-D amplifier cards from example Ebay are based on the same principle and had a filter on the output, A coil. The weakness with these is that the frequency response changes with different OHM. load. same as a coil connected in series on a speaker...
  10. O

Yes I hope so. When I have received what I have ordered, I post the result here. I want to measure watts with oscilloscope and 4 ohm resistor.
  11. O

Ok. Thank you for the answer. I have now ordered DC 46v-0v-36v DC 500w switch mode power supply. Ebay.163574609001 Ebay.163780392129 Almost all amplifiers I have bought measure less than what is written on the paper from the factory / seller. Therefore I do not trust 100% on datasheet.
  12. O

Hello. Wish someone could measure Hypex ucd180 1% THD 4ohm with optimal power supply 45v-0v-45 and enough amps to see if it measures those that the factory writes? Have searched the internet but no one has measured watts. No one writes how big a transformer you have to have to get the max out...
  13. O

Hello. Wish someone could measure Hypex ucd180 with optimal power supply 45v-0v-45 and enough amps to see if it measures those that the factory writes? Have searched the internet but no one has measured watts. No one writes how big a transformer you have to have to get the max out of the hypex...
  14. O

NAD 2200 is a good amplifier. It's RMS. watts which is correct. I measure with ocilocope all the way to signal clips and then I turn down a little so it no longer clips. max. does not counts! It is watts you can run all the time (rms) and not max
  15. O

Take it easy. I understand what you are writing Thanks for the explanation Some claim that you get better sound by removing the input capacitor. what is your opinion here? I know that everything you have in the series of signal does something with the sound in one way or another If you are...
  16. O

Thanks. Weird that the frequency curve is not completely flat up to 20k. Can the input capacitor be the cause? There is not much difference between flat frequency and 20k. How many DB is it approx. The amplifier does not manage 126w so good I see. Can it be Power Supply its fault since you...
  17. O

What about the frequency response curve? would have been nice to see a curve from 15hz to 25khz on ucd180
  18. O

A correction. NAD 2200 Power output: 100 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo), 400 watts into 8Ω (mono) You almost NEVER get double watts in 4 ohms.
  19. O

Does anyone know how many watts of power supply you need to have to get the max out of 2 pcs ucd180
Top Bottom