Search results

1. Strumbringer

SoTA Pyxi phono preamplifier

I recently borrowed the prototype for a week and really enjoyed it. So much so, that I decided to purchase. I like it better than my iFi Zen Phono pre. Not only do I feel the midrange and highs have better crispness and clarity, it has more range of settings to match my Grado Statement Sonata 1...
  2. Strumbringer

Turntable advice requested, please!

Hello Everyone, I currently own my dad's late 70's Sanyo TP 1005 turntable. I've replaced the cartridge and that is going well, however it plays albums slow. Definitely pitched down. Upon reading up, the belt has likely stretched (no surprise after 40 years!). I ordered a new belt and hope to...
  3. Strumbringer

Recommendation please: Top of the line solid state headphone amplifier

Curious what you all may recommend for a TOTL solid state headphone amplifier? I'm finding myself to be a critical/analytical listener and having tried out several tube amplifiers, I don't know that tubes are my preference. I've read nothing but great things about the Benchmark HPA4 and also...
  4. Strumbringer

Headphone amp you like better than RME ADI-2 DAC's amp?

I have owned the RME ADI-2 DAC for several months and it's my first piece of hi-fi gear, other than headphones, I had bought. I've run my ADI-2 into a few different tube amps and I've noted that I don't think I'm a tube amp guy and didn't care for the coloration. I believe I'm more a solid state...
Top Bottom