Search results

1. Wesayso

How NOT to set up speakers and room treatment ( Goldensound)

I don't think someone that has been studying these effects for two years and still is jumping to the wrong conclusions is able to teach me anything new. Sorry. I'll be gone now, I'll go back to a forum that allows an open discussion. Less closed minded and all about one Guru that gets misquoted...
  2. Wesayso

Do you actually read before you post :facepalm:
  3. Wesayso

There simply wasn't enough money to be made by listening to them, that's the bigger issue.
  4. Wesayso

A clear example of an open mind! If you know what it does, you can play with it. Guess what the music producers do ;).
  5. Wesayso

Yet, even when that reflection is sufficiently below the main level, it can and will alter the perceived position of the audible queues if it's arriving within that first 10 ms. Giving you that fake widening of the stage. For all material that's being played back in that room. Like I have said...
  6. Wesayso

Within a Stereo set of speakers we suffer from cross talk, left ear hearing right speaker and vice versa, therefore some level of reflections can be beneficial, headphones don't suffer from that same crosstalk when listening to stereo material. The timing of those (beneficial) reflections can be...
  7. Wesayso

I'm perfectly happy where I am and know why I arrived at that choice and with Dr. Toole's answer on this question regarding the benefits (Toole) or downsides (Geddes) of early reflections. :) I have tried both and Dr. Geddes point of view suited me better for my taste, and as I said earlier, the...
  8. Wesayso

Thinking that Toole/Harman's listening tests covers all is closed mind thinking. Different opinions exist out there for a reason. Let each person find out for themselves what his/her preference may be.
  9. Wesayso

Exactly, it is much like the same "sauce" on every meal. It gets tiresome quickly. Yet if you absorb that side wall energy and introduce late diffuse and laterally arriving reflections you get a spacious sound that changes with the content of the song. Big when it's in the recording and small...
  10. Wesayso

New mysterious Genelec monitors

Because it is aimed at the Pro market.
  11. Wesayso

New mysterious Genelec monitors

A speaker like this is a tool. If the tool is more accurate, that's a big plus. Preference of the consumers has little to do with it. As far as I have seen the Pro world is far more invested in linear phase crossovers than today's Consumer market. The majority of speakers on the consumer market...
  12. Wesayso

What's Left In Speaker Design To Reduce Distortion/Increase Detail Retrieval?

John Dunlavy did such tests (live performers vs speakers) to test the accuracy of his speakers, but he did use an Anechoic chamber for that (so, Lab conditions) to get rid of the problem of reflections. He stated what's needed for accurate speakers in this interview and in his short paper...
  13. Wesayso

Acoustics Service at Kvålsvoll Design

Only on ambient channels. No reverb is added to a song or track on main channel(s). I have absorbing panels at all mayor first reflection points, to reduce the room signature, and use ambient channels to re-create a feel of a bigger/better space. It hides the real room and makes the listening...
  14. Wesayso

Group delay produced by stereo

If you haven't seen it yet, try this thread on diyaudio.com: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/fixing-the-stereo-phantom-center.277519/ I'd say that thread discusses what you are perceiving. Personally, I use trickery to get better phantom center coherence. Having my speakers operate...
  15. Wesayso

Speakers for low wattage amp tube

I won't shoot you, plus I didn't feel I got shot. No harm done. I know the basic idea behind this site, and like I said: in earlier years I could have been an ideal member here. But to be honest, the more I've learned from this puzzle, the more I've come to realize how little I know. But that...
  16. Wesayso

@Jim Taylor It isn't about a difficult load, that's for sure (lol) You do realize the load I present to the amplifier is just about one of the simplest loads out there, right? :) The Mosfet amps I listened to do have a certain character of their own. Especially noticeable in the midrange. It...
  17. Wesayso

Hi Jim, now that is a post worthy of a reply. It is a well thought out post with some good pointers etc. Yes, build by a former professional amplifier designer, whose work I trust. He build them to satisfy his own curiosity. He picked out a few well liked DIY projects and another simply...
  18. Wesayso

It's not that part that I was getting at. It's more your motive that is questioned. Like I said, if it were a question asked out of genuine interest, I would have answered. But we both know that isn't the case.
  19. Wesayso

I'm more concerned about the attitude that seems to be the norm here. Like I said, I've written it down for all to read, if you can't be bothered, why should I be?
  20. Wesayso

What do you think, you could have found out if you really wanted. Not planning to spoon feed it to you. (I would have if it were a genuine question ;))
Top Bottom