Search results

1. A

Marantz AV7705 Review (AV Processor)

Sure but in current context with Denon I did not need that kind of tuning as in-room speaker response is already tilted without Audessey. Hope it helps somebody making the switch in the future and getting similar results.
  2. A

Marantz 7706 owners thread?

Summarized my jouney in another thread: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/marantz-av7705-review-av-processor.25951/post-1235157
  3. A

Summarizing my Marantz AV7706 outcome: Was tempted to return AV7706 couple of times during first couple of weeks but wanted to make it work as some things indicated that it would be a worthwhile upgrade for me. First thing I noticed after connecting using all channels through XLR how sub...
  4. A

Comparing this way: - Audessey fully off, actually sounds better this way. - Stereo mode - Tone and GEQ off So should be quite similar although of course not scientific comparison. Connectivity difference is RCA vs XLR. Volume has been tuned for this but might have some variation based on...
  5. A

After your comment of same sound tried to tune speakers with additional treble tilt -2db with some success taming sibilance with some success but it made sound a little lifeless and surrounds don’t have same flexibility ruining surround field. Otherwise mainly in female vocals yes but in lesser...
  6. A

No it doesn’t change with volume. Put back the Denon for sanity check and do notice the sibilance in same material (previously it did not stood out like it, blaming Marantz in surficing it for me ) but it is more rounded and not so harsh. Harshness of the sibilance is what bothers me. Not sure...
  7. A

Yes tried with Audessey through the app like you stated. In my setup Audessey off and using Genelec room compensation switches yielded the best result. Have tried Audessey curtains to limit frequences as well but the sound character is same on sibilance perspective. Maybe not the best match to...
  8. A

Upgraded from Denon X3400 to Marantz AV7706 and have issue with emphasized sibilance that Denon did not have in the same system. Have tested seemingly everything Audessey on/off, Tone control, GEQ but does not really cure the focus on sibilance. Otherwise sounds great and a big upgrade from...
  9. A

Upgraded from Denon X3400 to Marantz AV7706 and have issue with emphasized sibilance that Denon did not have in the same system. Have tested seemingly everything Audessey on/off, Tone control, GEQ but does not really cure the focus on sibilance. Otherwise sounds great and a big upgrade from...
Top Bottom