Search results

1. L

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Caveat - I've only gotten through the first 14 or so pages of this thread so apologies if I'm repeating old news... Firstly, @mdsimon2, thanks for a great write-up/tutorial. By using it I've been able to get camilladsp working on a RPi3B+ alongside OSMC. Audio is sent over USB to my 2-ch DAC...
  2. L

Upgrade itch - adding DSP - objectively "best" option...

Just because its an old design doesn't mean it's not good though. And it's still a currently offered by Genelec / in their range so they must still be happy enough with it. I'm worried that if I downsize to the 8330, the WAF will prevent me from ever upgrading to 8341's, whereas if I keep the...
  3. L

A month ago I was heavily leaning towards the 8330/8340 route but now I've pretty much decided on the Flex balanced for exactly this reason. Though I've recently seen a pair of Neumann KH310's come up second-hand for a decent price... Yea, I've been indecisive for quite a while now and have...
  4. L

Why do cinema and music Dolby Atmos layouts differ?

Only for the surrounds. Not the heights which is what you asked about right? Or did I misinterpret your OP? If so, sorry.
  5. L

I had a flick through some of the layouts in the link you provided. Didn't think they were very detailed w.r.t. angles between all the speakers. This is the youtube video: Ignore the clickbait title, I thought it had some decent information in it. In the description of the video he links to...
  6. L

I watched a youtube video a few days ago that highlighted that the Atmos specifications for the home theatre are vague and missing information compared with the pdf manuals for setting up a studio or cinema. Could that be the difference? Basically the video recommended using the recommended...
  7. L

Genelec 8331A Powered SAM Studio Monitor Review (by Erin)

As others have said - nice set up! I was wondering what the speaker stands were? Wouldn't mind a pair for my 8040b's....
  8. L

Been thinking about adding DSP to my system (see signature) for a while but haven't pulled the trigger on spending the money. The options are: Add MiniDSP Flex Digital. Pros: cheapest, least faff option; can upgrade my DAC later/separately. Cons: 2-channel only; another box; adding a...
  9. L

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

Asthetically I like this one the most of those posted so far. Will try to post a photo of my own set up when I'm back home later in the week.
  10. L

Spec a "dream" home theatre (within a budget)

Haha, yeah, you should see my spreadsheets and "wiring" diagrams... Perhaps a dump question - what's the difference between an AVR and AVP? Does the receiver only have a pre-amp while the processor also includes an integrated power-amp? As far as I know OSMC on the Pi can currently decode all...
  11. L

Nice! Seems like a great set up. Glad to know that what I hoped existed actually does haha
  12. L

Fair comment and I see you point. Perhaps it wasn't clear in my overly long OP :) that, with the exception of my current speakers, every speaker that follows is ultimately used in the final system. What's initially the L/R (8330's) become the surrounds when I step up to 8331's. I had reasoned...
  13. L

Is the screen retractable or fixed in place? (I haven't looked into projectors + screens in detail yet.)
  14. L

Surround Processor Recommendation for Genelec! Yamaha Vs Denon Vs Canton Smart Connect.

Ah, woops. I stand corrected. It was the 8331's that only feature a single XLR... No, I don't (yet) own 8330's. My current system is only 2ch based on 8040B's. I was planning out a "affordable dream" system. See this thread. My conclusion RE delivering Atmos/DTS:X digitally was that it's not...
  15. L

Thanks Vince2. Which emotiva are you referring to?
  16. L

Surround Processor Recommendation for Genelec! Yamaha Vs Denon Vs Canton Smart Connect.

No worries. I spent my Christmas holiday going down a similar rabbit hole to you (i.e. trying to figure out how to get Atmos/DTS:X delivered digitally to Genelecs...). One small detail to be aware of, the Genelec 8330's only feature a single XLR connector that can be used for either digital or...
  17. L

The manual for the 9301 shows how you can link two together to give a total of 16 digital channels.
  18. L

Yeah kinda am. Neither I nor my partner like the aesthetics of large TV screens. Ultimately, I envision having a room that doubles as a library and living room with AV system. The main seating/couch would face a bay window, projector screen would be retracted unless in use meaning I can sit on...
  19. L

[mods please move or delete if in appropriate] I watched Dune the other month and was, almost literally, blown away by the audio. As a result, I started thinking about what my "affordable dream" home cinema set up would actually consist of. I'm now very far down the rabbit hole :) and hoping...
Top Bottom