Search results

1. C

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

something like this I have one somewhere I'm gonna try it
  2. C

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Very happy with the sound of my new D30 Pro. Works great with USB in from my Mac Mini server. But I'm getting audio dropouts/skips when using the coax (RCA) in from my California Audio CD player. I did read up that other users had this problem, and I actually didn't think I would be using the...
  3. C

Long cable for DAC/headphone amp, what's best for Hi Res audio?

Thanks for the replies. I decided to run analog balanced cables from my DAC out to my headphone amp, it ended up being 45 feet of cable. This way I can have the amp next to me and not need to use a remote to adjust headphone volume. I used Mogami 2930 2-pair cable with Neutrik XLRs. It worked...
  4. C

Subwoofer problem with low level connections. But high level seems to work. Low vs high?

Thanks very much Slayer, so deja vu huh? :D I might end up pulling the amp out, now I'm curious to see what it looks like. But at least the high level connections are OK.
  5. C

Subwoofer problem with low level connections. But high level seems to work. Low vs high?

Bad ground sounds like it. If I pull the amp out do you think it's something I can probably see? like a ground cable that's loose or disconnected?
  6. C

Thanks for the reply. I tried different cables, also tried a different source (iPhone lightning headphone adapter jack, stereo mini to RCA cable, it was the most convenient thing I had) and no change in the problem. Why do you think it isn't the sub?
  7. C

I've got a Definitive Tech PF15 sub, purchased in 1995. It has both low level RCA and high level speaker connections. I've always used the RCA connections from my Rotel preamp. I also have a Rotel power amp, which gets a separate feed from the preamp. Yesterday after changing some stuff in my...
  8. C

Mixer-style speaker level adjustments on AVR?

I guess I'm not the only one with this gripe! And it seems like level adjustment can be a PITA depending on the system. That's interesting about IR codes, thanks for the info it's very good to know about. But your Denon remote doesn't have any programmable buttons? :oops: Seems like that should...
  9. C

If I can discover what that box means that would be cool. So how's your experience adjusting speaker/channels when you play back? Is that something you do - or do most people basically leave speaker levels alone once they're happy with correction EQ? For me I'd like to be able to bring up...
  10. C

Thanks for the reply. It's AVR-1911 from 2010. So I guess old in terms of home theater. Sounds pretty decent but only has 1080p video. And primitive text-only settings for all menus. I'd like to get an AVR that has 4K/8K, native DSD, better room EQ correction and a much better interface. But...
  11. C

I have a very old Denon AVR for my 5.1 setup. In thinking about an AVR upgrade, I would love to be able to have a unit that offers full (& easy) control of speaker levels while playing back. Kind of like having an audio mixing board to tweak the levels. My Denon has Audyssey, and once I...
  12. C

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

I'm pretty new here and I'm looking around for headphone amps with balanced inputs in the under $200 range. I just purchased the D30 Pro DAC and have a long cable run from DAC to HP amp so I need to go balanced. Any other amps to look at for comparison? I see the SMSL SP200 is $140 at drop.com...
  13. C

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

After some back and forth I'm going with the D30 Pro. Nice to have this site and all the great info here to make an informed decision!
  14. C

Need some help choosing DAC for connecting to my system - do I need 'DAC Only Mode'?

I searched the forums and found what I was looking for, seems that DAC Mode is a nice feature but isn't different from having the volume set to 100%.
  15. C

Thanks @Walter do you think the D30 Pro is a better sounding DAC than the EX5? I read that it has better dynamic range & SNR, but the ESS chips in the EX5 are better vs the D30 Pro...I honestly don't have experience with DACs but that's some of the things I've learned. The SMSL looks good but...
  16. C

Need some help choosing DAC for connecting to my system - do I need 'DAC Only Mode'?

Thanks but I'm hoping to learn if DAC-Only Mode is something that I need in my situation. I won't be needing to use the DAC for volume.
  17. C

Hi All, Looking to purchase my first DAC, mostly for streaming FLAC hi-res audio files to two destinations: my existing Rotel stereo (RCA unbalanced in on my Rotel preamp which then goes to the amp) and also to a balanced headphone amp (yet to be purchased but will be a separate unit). Budget is...
  18. C

Hi all, I'm looking for a mid-priced hi quality DAC with RCA outs to go to my Rotel stereo (Rotel preamp then Rotel amp) and balanced outs to send to an external headphone amp. So I don't need an amp in the DAC. But this EX5 seems great! Even though there's no 'fixed/DAC mode' setting, should I...
Top Bottom