Search results

1. bh69

Bedroom hifi (recommendations)

of course
  2. bh69

that's exactly what I want to avoid - I don't have and don't plan to have a NAS and I don't want to leave the PC running all night so that I might accidentally want to listen to music at night .. I just want to simply choose and copy a few albums on a flash drive, insert it into a hifi device...
  3. bh69

I want to control only basic things - on/off, volume, source, play/stop/next track, favourite preset via number - as PM7000N seems to allow it would be interesting with active speakers. but it has no remote, even for on/off/volume. if placed by hand it would be ok, but I can not put wires...
  4. bh69

Hi, I'm looking for the most suitable hi-fi for the bedroom. I went through a lot of shops, reviews and discussions, but I can't find any optimal solution. So I'm asking for advice and ideas. I am attaching the diagram of the room. It is not exactly optimal, the location must be on the wider...
  5. bh69

Marantz PM7000N measurements ?

Still no serious measurements of PM7000N available ?
  6. bh69

Bedroom stereoamp and internet radio, USB disc (flac) player ?

I'm programmer for more than 30 years (C, java, php ..) so if it's possible and properly documented it must not be such problem.
  7. bh69

yes, but its open system so it would be possible to use another remote controller and add a touchscreen to exclude need of smartphone, won't be ?
  8. bh69

It looks even better - Allo Boss2 https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-without-volume/allo-boss2-dac-cs43198-32bit-192khz-dsd64-with-aluminum-case-and-raspberry-pi-4-p-15142.html Completed solution with remote, only to add touchscreen and actives. Some experiences with this product ?
  9. bh69

Rapsberry 4B with HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro XLR looks good - with actives (for example KRK Rokit 5g4 or PALMER STUDIMON 5) it can be cheap and flexible solution for bedroom or kitchen listening.
  10. bh69

What is SoM ? I don't understand what is not really possible ? I assume that Pi can be supplemented with an IR remote control and then program the required actions. I admit that I have no experience with Pi, but I use a similar remote control with my Windows PC, using the EventGhost utility...
  11. bh69

ad phone control 1/ I have no wifi at home and don't plan to have (I want have my home free from electronic polution) 2/ for bedroom music I want simple choose internet radio button and number of channel, or DAB button and channel or play USB from last position. Even in dark, without to stare...
  12. bh69

Thanks. Not sure it's what I'm looking for. This is too big gear for silent bedroom listening and I would prefer something more flexible too ... Probably only way is DIY (Rapsberry with DAC/amp board).
  13. bh69

Thanks, this is a receiver I have considered (even the original price is still acceptable, although slightly beyond the limit). But some people complain about a bit cold/analytic sound (can be tiring ?) and some problems with internet radios (is it able to add any radio url or only over some...
  14. bh69

Lower price, no highend but good, clean relaxing sound, sufficient even for classical music, clarity of the spoken word. Internet radios, USB storage player (mp3/FLAC), FM and DAB+ would be nice, but not a prerequisite. Remote control, stable and easy to choose radio channels or USB media (even...
  15. bh69

Denon increases prices for 2022

Huge increase of Marantz prices (+20-30% - for example PM8006 was 32k CZK, now 40k) during last days in Czech republic. And it looks the similar with OLED TV Sony A83J - from 35k to 42k). It's crazy ... I'm afraid that the inflation spiral is accelerating ..
  16. bh69

PA5 & E50 & rapsberry - how to get it work :-)

I'm thinking of a BVaudio PA300SSE power amplifier now. Very good measurements (unfortunately no independent) and user references. Much more expensive than PA5, but probably much better (without problematic high frequencies). Possibility to set the reproduction level using potentiometers on the...
  17. bh69

Dynaudio Audience 10 - they probably need to be replaced too. But at first I want to try them with new amp.
  18. bh69

nice but a bit too expensive :-)
  19. bh69

Marantz PM7000N measurements ?

So, it's wrong test and nothing to worry about ? But for example measurement of PM7005 on the same site seems to be at the same input level and it doesn't exhibit similar problem - https://audio.com.pl/testy/stereo/wzmacniacze-stereo/2472-pm7005 All tests seems to have the same signal level on...
  20. bh69

Help me understand matching a DAC with amp input sensitivity

My old Marantz PM44se has input sensitivity 0.15V (new PM6007 0.2V). Audiolab M-DAC RCA output has 2.25V RMS. Can this cause problems with clipping (amplifier input overdrive) ? I don't think because of the high volume of reproduction, I listen quietly, but because of the input signal too high...
Top Bottom