Search results

1. paulbottlehead

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

That sounds just like Tim.
  2. paulbottlehead

Now work through this assuming the user has a balanced power conditioner or is using an isolation transformer. Neither of these scenarios is particularly unlikely.
  3. paulbottlehead

No, that was a pleasant surprise to say the least.
  4. paulbottlehead

Someone classed it up for me.
  5. paulbottlehead

I have given it a week since I received the receipt.
  6. paulbottlehead

If the music you listen to is Switch on Bach or even just organ music in general, the delineation between power with music and continuous sine wave power into a resistor are not separated by much.
  7. paulbottlehead

I did receive an e-mailed receipt for the refund on the first of February, so I don't think it was an issue of inspecting the goods.
  8. paulbottlehead

Tomorrow I will be contacting my credit card company to dispute the charge for this amp. The return was received on the 28th and a refund was promised (with official looking paperwork), but it hasn't materialized.
  9. paulbottlehead

There are three of us who have tested these amps and gotten similar results. How many different people do you need to test one of these in order to satisfy your curiosities?
  10. paulbottlehead

This was as dealt with in the first two amps I measured in the first thread, but it keeps getting brought up for some reason. I measured these amps both ways and they are slightly worse when you measure them the way Bob says to. Do keep in mind that Bob does not dispute any of the measurements...
  11. paulbottlehead

I have not measured an MC-100B, but it sure looks about the same on the inside as the one I measured.
  12. paulbottlehead

The #45 amp made its power but had one filament winding shared between the tubes with cathode bias, so crosstalk was problematic. The preamp had sufficient noise issues that I had to convert the tube heating to DC to get it quiet. I remember the 807 amp not making nearly the power claimed...
  13. paulbottlehead

I have had an Inspire preamp, 807 amp, and 45 amp through my workshop. I sure wish I knew about this place when those pieces were around...
  14. paulbottlehead

It's kinda like pushrod engines, gaff rigged sailboats, etc.
  15. paulbottlehead

What's the failure mode you're encountering? I'll admit I thought they could be fun for a stupidly overdone OTL headphone amp, but if a tube that expensive is going to go poof on me, I'll move along to the next project.
  16. paulbottlehead

Yeah, put some glass around your bottles for goodness' sake.
Top Bottom