Search results

1. Another_Moon

Please, recommend headphones for listening to music with ENJOYMENT.

If anyone is interested in what I ultimately came up with: I had to listen more and get used to the Sennheisers, and then compare them in A/B with the Superluxes (immediately after the purchase I could not do this, because the Superluxes had a wire for E1DA for 2.5 mm and I had to buy it and...
  2. Another_Moon

I think the DT 990 has changed a lot since its 1985 release, and not only externally) And so, I changed my opinion a little between the HD 668B and HD 560S, the HD 560S gives a lot of detail not at the expense of the frequency response, it does not give distortion, the low frequencies attenuate...
  3. Another_Moon

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Тюмень?)
  4. Another_Moon

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

A little cold . Konakovo, Russia
  5. Another_Moon

Interestingly, after EQ everything seems to be quite good, but a little expensive. Have you listened to Fostex T40RP mk3, T60RP by chance? According to the graphs, the DT 900 Pro X actually looks worse than the 990, but in general, before purchasing, I plan to listen to both and what good things...
  6. Another_Moon

I always use EQ anyway. And the DCA Aeon X Open response looks interesting based on my wishes. But this is of course a little expensive and not very convenient, I listened to DCA Stealth and didn’t like it, but here the response looks less clear, warmer, which is good and the design is open...
  7. Another_Moon

Greetings, I want headphones for enjoying, comfortable, pleasant, probably emotional, possibly fun listening. Budget up to about $300. As I heard the phrase, in a review of the DT 990 Pro from a sound engineer, where he compared them from the point of use of mixing/mastering, he said that these...
  8. Another_Moon

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

I myself am no longer sure of this and do not trust these measurements. Now I’m listening, there seems to be no imbalance, I ran the tone with a generator, turned on the downmix channels to mono mode, it seems not, I don’t know what’s wrong anymore, maybe it’s wrong with me, maybe my ear was off...
  9. Another_Moon

In general, due to the fact that the laptop has a stereo microphone, I measured it a little wrong, but now I have corrected it and we see more accurately, 10 AVG measurements of each channel, orange - left, blue - right. When measuring, I tried to keep the microphone hole in the middle of the...
  10. Another_Moon

The cable is factory, it’s unlikely that there’s anything wrong with Topping, although I’ll check it on other headphones, if there’s the same trend (which is unlikely), then it’s possible, but it will be strange. As for returning the headphones, I would do it gladly, but unfortunately I took...
  11. Another_Moon

Yes, I took several measurements (level, by the way, 81-83 dB SPL), but in principle, I’ll probably now take 10 measurements of each channel completely without an equalizer and average it for accuracy.
  12. Another_Moon

I’m not reinventing the wheel, here I’m talking about the different response of the right and left channels in my specific example. I have already tried what you suggest and was not satisfied with it.
  13. Another_Moon

And so, I started listening to the standard Oratory equalizer, it seems in principle not bad, but something is wrong, I decided to compare what is so magical in the frequency response of the HD 668B, and I found a clear difference, this is a hole at 3-4k, Solderdude has about such a failure is...
  14. Another_Moon

I don’t know about HRTF, my ears seem to be standard, average, although there is one thing that seems different, but it’s not a fact, of course that would be sad. Yes, it looks like the equalizer will have to be finely adjusted by ear. Regarding Zero Red, when I still had them, at that moment...
  15. Another_Moon

My friend, there is no trolling here, it’s ironic, but I’m upset, I would be glad if I liked the way they sounded, or liked the way the Sundara sounded, which I also didn’t like and sold them. I don’t know why the HD 668B with the Oratory equalizer sounds great, but the HD 560S and Sundara with...
  16. Another_Moon

I collected graphs with compensation (for the old version, it’s probably better not to think about the differences in the new one for now), they all seem to be from different stands, with different targets, everyone seems to see a rise of 2-3 dB in the range of ~900 Hz at 2 kHz (for Rtings and...
  17. Another_Moon

I already wrote in the topic about the new version that I joined the club of HD 560S owners, but unfortunately, there are no happy owners yet. I don’t like their original response at all, the sound is through the nose, I don’t understand what’s at high, but with the Oratory equalizer this...
  18. Another_Moon

New version of Sennheiser HD 560S (!)

I’m even just watching a video, and it’s as if a person is speaking through his nose, and on Solderdude’s website it is written that a rise of about 1 kHz can be felt as “nasal, tinny, forward”, in principle this is what I feel, so turning off the Band filter 5 (1,750 Hz +2.2 dB) does better...
  19. Another_Moon

Damn, I’m changing the gain equalizer, in front of a pdf from Oratory, I see that the numbers are slightly off, I look and there’s already today’s date. :) But again, nothing fundamentally seems to have changed. UPD: Although no, it has changed, just in the ~5.5K region.
  20. Another_Moon

Yes, I already tried the option with 9 and 10 bands disabled, it’s probably better. But I didn’t try to change the gain of the bands. And the difference in the Oratory 2022/2023 equalizer is of course insignificant.
Top Bottom