Search results

1. anotherhobby

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

This is absolutely awesome, and I can't wait to see where this goes! As an attack deterrent, I think this could be quite effective, not to mention the other benefits.
  2. anotherhobby

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Pretty happy with Gene's response on the AH thread...
  3. anotherhobby

Got 2 Fosi ZA3 recently but now its V3 Mono.. feel shortchanged

If you bought a product recently that meets your needs and you were happy with the value, then something new shouldn't really change that. If you settled for something that doesn't meet your needs as well as you'd like it to (as we all do at times for price or other reasons), then learn from...
  4. anotherhobby

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Exactly. Glad you got there eventually. :)
  5. anotherhobby

No they are not Linux based. They are UNIX based.
  6. anotherhobby

Does my ideal DAC exist?

No, bass is not subtracted from the headphones, and no additional outputs are needed. The Flex has 4 customizable config presets that control every setting in the device. All PEQ, crossovers, Dirac config, routing, levels, bla bla bla... all of it is unique to each config preset. You switch them...
  7. anotherhobby

Does my ideal DAC exist?

Just get a headphone amp with passthru and place it between the miniDSP Flex and your mains amp, and then you can use one of the config presets on the Flex to do EQ in addition to turning off the subs. I use a Topping L50 between my Flex and Topping PA5. Works flawlessly, and you get headphone...
  8. anotherhobby

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Yes, and... It has a lot to do with ASR. I've ever been content with any of my systems until I came here, opened my mind, vastly expanded my understanding of audio, and started applying what I learned to the things I bought and how I set them up. Thanks y'all!
  9. anotherhobby

From the last paragraph... Could have fooled me.
  10. anotherhobby

If this rises to legal action, I will absolutely support Erin and/or Amir with money. This is just ridiculous.
  11. anotherhobby

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Missed that! Thanks. Sometimes my brain see's the knee number and stops there. :facepalm: Also, to drive 2-ohm DVC subs at 2-ohm with the Crown requires either 2 subs or using both channels of the Crown. To really flush out the comparison, I'd probably need to use a slightly cheaper crown since...
  12. anotherhobby

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Like a lot of people, I'm powering passive subs with pro amps in one of my systems. In my office, I'm running 4 Dayton Ultimax 8" subs with a pair of Crown XLS 1500's that I picked up used off ebay for about $250 each. Comparing used to new isn't fair, so let's instead consider the current XLS...
  13. anotherhobby

Food Science Review

I've never rested my steaks longer than 5m.
  14. anotherhobby

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

Here we sit in a paradox, were it's nearly impossible to find an information balance in our lives. We should not consume too much "news," as it's clearly not good for mental health and robs us of valuable time we could be doing something positive in our lives. Yet, there is a certain amount of...
  15. anotherhobby

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

I totally understand not liking helmets, and I don't care if people wear them. The cruiser crowd likes to be "seen" on their bikes looking cool, and like to play their version dress up just like any other person on a moto, and the whole look is ruined by a helmet. I go full power ranger these...
  16. anotherhobby

Issue with new Topping A90 Discrete

Yes, you read it incorrectly and repeated it wrong. That's the only point I was making.
  17. anotherhobby

Reread that post you are referencing. You misread. he said "If you sell 2000 amplifiers and 1 out of 2 has problems"... as in a 50% failure rate over 2000 units. You've now twice misrepresented what he said on the same thing in the thread.
  18. anotherhobby

Yes, and I'm one of them. That said, I look at my 2+ year old PA5 that has holes drilled in the top and my paranoia is clear. It's less about actual reliability and more about how the company handles it when it happens. The damage to Topping's brand for how they handled the PA5 mess is very...
  19. anotherhobby

Is returning the B&Ws an option? If so you can get a speaker that you like the sound of rather than trying to fix something you don't like to begin with? That's what I did a few years ago when I tired some B&W bookshelf speakers that also sounded overly bright and harsh. Returned them in less...
Top Bottom