Search results

1. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

I really appreciate your thoughtful help. The OB subs used to blow off the covers and bottom out with LFE before RoomPerfect tamed them. I think they will work well with music. I built them and I hate to throw them away. I also built the white housing cabinet. If I use the F12SE for LFE that...
  2. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

The GR Research W/Frame Open Baffle sub does not do well with LFD. Before RoomPerfect helped to tame it, it used to blow the speaker covers off. I think keeping it as SubL and SubR with a 80hz low pass filter will keep it out of LFE territory.
  3. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

This is a quote from someone on Lyngdorf facebook. He is saying that if I choose to use four subs in stereo that the LFE will be sent to them and size I determine for my front speakers will also have an effect. The large Maggies go quite low. What do you think about this quote: "If there is no...
  4. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

I assume you mean to route them from 13, 14, 15 & 16. Then, I think the top W/Frame OB amp setting would be 80hz low pass. And the lower F12SE would be 50hz low pass to minimize overlapping. All four subs have Rythmik plate amps with settings on board. This would allow the Lyngdorf DSP to...
  5. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

I do have four subs, but since the only place I can put them is stacked on each side of my big Maggies. I thought it would be easier for RoomPerfect to locate the subs if I call the bottom two F12SE subs LFE 1 and LFE 2. And the Open Baffle subs on top of them Sub L and Sub R. Since I know LFE...
  6. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

To send the single LFE out from the MP60 2.1 I'm going to use a Whirlwind Splitter 1X2. One out is direct and the other is a low impedance mic out. Will the low impedance out change the output? I'm getting my XLR order today so I can check it out.
  7. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

I have a 7-2 setup as seen on the screen settings. I have two GR Research W/Frame subs as L sub(Out 13 AUX 1) and R sub(Out 14 AUX 2). I am stacking the Open Baffle subs on top of two new Rythmik F12SE sealed subs. Should I call the F12SE subs SubRR and use Out 15 AUX 3 and SubLR and use Out 16...
  8. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

The ARC cable kept my troubles going. This is an update on how I finally past some rough spots on setting up the MP60. I've read other post on settings changing often in the MP60 so this may help someone. Cable routing was my main problem. Lyngdorf says that HDMI out 1 is for ARC. LG has HDMI in...
  9. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

Does anyone know what was included in the new MP60 firmware update? I don't see any info at Lyngdorf. I'm trying to find the best way to include MQA streaming through the MP60. I see Lyngdorf included MQA processing in their TDAI-3400 integrated amp. I have a PSAudio DS DAC which acts as a MQA...
  10. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

I got the one with 64GB. I responded to your earlier suggestion to get Apple TV K4 but I forgot to click the reply button.
  11. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

exm said "Why are you using Arc (or is it eArch?) with such a nice unit as the MP60? My recommendation is to invest a bit of money in either the last-gen 2.1 Apple TV or the Nvidia Shield (whatever you prefer). This will give you a much superior streaming alternative." I would like to thank exm...
  12. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

My son-in-law bought us the first version of Apple TV and plugged it into our LG TV when we used Oppo 205 for video. I see now that the Apple TV should be connected to a HDMI in of the MP60 since ARC will not send Dolby. I'm 75 and I need a little digital help. Thanks. The Nvidia Shield looks...
  13. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

MP60 not smooth going. Not hearing much yet. I have one of the early LG OLED65B6P and so far I can't get any sound from the LG to the MP60. The MP60 phone app will play streaming Spotify and Tidal music using the Network player in music mode. But the Tidal mounted on the LG screen will not play...
  14. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

I decided it's time to reorganize the wires. I'll have to replace a rear channel amp since it only has RCA inputs and the MP60 only has XLR connections. They also warn about using XLR/RCA adapters since it's possible the wrong pins may be used on the RCA side. I bought a bundle of zip ties.
  15. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

The MP60 2.1 just arrived but the certified HDMI 8K cables are not here yet. Is there any problem using basic HDMI cables for the initial set up. I hate doing nothing while I'm waiting.
  16. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

A friend of mine says the same thing about Trinnov. He set it up himself during Covid and he said it is much less complicated than it used to be. He also got support help quickly when he needed it. It has a new auto set-up guide.
  17. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

If anyone is interested I know how to get it for about $4K off the list price.
  18. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

It's arriving tomorrow. I also ordered some Ultra high speed HDMI cables to go with it. It's going to take some creativity to get my Oppo 205 and PS Audio DAC into the mix. I have one of the first LG 4K TV's and it doesn't do ARC audio with the Oppo so I'll see how the MP60 deals with that. It's...
  19. 1

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

Thank you for your comments. I just ordered a MP60 with 2.1 upgrade. I'm looking forward to a manageable room correction system. I've tried using a DEQX system that I never mastered. I bought a Mini DSP system but never got around to setting it up. Also, I've avoided the merry-go-round AVR...
Top Bottom