Search results

1. Apexplus

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

I contacted the manufacturer and they told me to reset the unit and see if the problem goes away — like most things in life… So let’s wait n see if resetting helps…
  2. Apexplus

thanks for the quick responese. I have my DAC connected to an iPad. When I swapped the DAC to another one (iFi) there is no such problem. I suspect there is some kinda faulty USB connection inside the DAC? But I am not an expert in DIY...
  3. Apexplus

I have been an happy user of this DAC for the last 2 years till recently. The problem is that music would suddenly stop or it simply won't start unless I manually switch around the input channels (by pressing the remote) a few times. I tried to debug and couldn't find the cause of such...
  4. Apexplus

Recommendation for a tube preamp to my Audiolab 8000P

incidentally, my DAC has 6 preset filters which supposedly produce different sound effects. But after nearly a year of usage (mostly streaming from apple music) I still could not tell any difference at all. maybe it's a sign of my old age... but then again, when I cover all the windows in the...
  5. Apexplus

Side note: both my audiolab 8000A (circa 1994) and audiolab 8000P (circa 2000) are UK made, they are like tanks and I enjoy using them all these years. Back in the days when Corn Flake Shop bothered to dispense advice on budget HiFi systems I discovered lotsa quality UK brands like Rega...
  6. Apexplus

Ok, thanks for the feedback so far — I guess it’s not a good idea then…
  7. Apexplus

Dear all, I’d like to add a tube pre-amp to my audiolab 8000P (from 2000 but still going strong) for hopefully warmer sound. Nowadays I mostly stream from Apple Music to DAC —> audiolab 8000A —> audiolab 8000P —> SonusFaber Concerto Any recommendations? Much obliged!
  8. Apexplus

How to remotely control my iPad for playing (Hi-Res) Lossless music

me2 -- after tried switch controlling iPad with iPhone and was let down since there is no screen mirroring between the two devices, so I can't effectively remote control iPad hooked to DAC that is at the other side of the living room... emailed Apple urging for a proper remote feature no Apple...
  9. Apexplus

How many pairs of speakers do you own? How often do you rotate them?

only 2 at the moment: Rega Kyte (circa 1994) -- still going strong, hooked up to my desktop PC setup... Sonus Faber Concerto (circa 2000) -- the love of my life, I have milf like fetish for this pair :)
  10. Apexplus

Spotify Speaks

they have the largest share of the market and thus can afford to take it slow -- so they think...
  11. Apexplus

Audiolab 6000CDT experience

Dear all, am new here. Just saw this thread as I was searching for reviews on CD transport... My current budget system: SMSL Sanskrit 10th mk2 as DAC Audiolab 8000A as preamp Audiolab 8000P bi-wired to Sonus Faber Concerto speakers on stand My old Audiolab 8000CD recently failed with "error"...
Top Bottom