Search results

1. C

The best of everything, a system review: Apple TV 4K 2022, MiniDSP SHD, BlueSound Node, SMSL M400, Benchmark AHB2, Clarity M

I wanted to share my system setup with everyone and provide a brief review of the component parts of the system. First, my goals in building the system: 1) Sound quality / room correction 2) reasonable ease of use for my wife and kids 3) ability to extract HDMI audio from my Apple TV for both...
  2. C

Using an Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer in 2022

I have an Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer that I purchased around 10 years ago. It's been in storage for a couple of years after some construction at my house. I am thinking about adding it to my B&W 702 S2 stereo setup. I have a MiniDSP SHD that I can use for DIRAC/Bass control. My DAC currently is...
  3. C

So much talk about gear.... what about ears??

We talk and talk about gear and spend thousands on it. It's a fun fetish to have. But what about our EARS? Does anyone here do anything to heal/protect/improve their hearing? Inflammation reduction (garlic/tumeric/etc), clearing up sinuses (Claritin, etc), rest (not listening to loud sounds...
  4. C

Help Me Decide: MiniDSP SHD or Computer+DAC?

I have a bunch of great hardware in front of me, including a PC, an RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, and a MiniDSP SHD. I want to play with DIRAC room correction. I could either use the MiniDSP as a standalone option, or use DIRAC running on a PC, with the RME ADI-2 Pro as the DAC. In BOTH cases, I will...
  5. C

SUBWOOFER and BiAmp -- ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition vs ADI-2 DAC FS

Hello, I am considering the ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition vs the ADI-2 DAC FS. I understand that the Pro FS R BE has two DAC chips, while the ADI-2 DAC FS has one DAC chip. If my goal is to run a subwoofer plus 2 front speakers, is one of these units easier or better compared to the other...
  6. C

Why is everyone using USB/XMOS. Why not PCIE SPDIF Out?

I have been "out of the game" for a while. When I was last paying attention, around 2011-2012, the USB interfaces on most DAC were terrible. You would literally get "crackles and pops" especially at higher res streams (e.g. 96k). Usually Coax SPDIF was the "best" way to connect with a DAC. It...
Top Bottom