Search results

1. C

Zoom F6 Portable Field Recorder Review

@jerryfreak if I sent you a motu ultralite mk5 would you test it for me?
  2. C

Motu M6

They have the Motu Ultra-lite Mk5 which has all that you want.
  3. C

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

Yes, the Ultralite Mk5. I actually think I will just use it as a USB interface into my Mac. Someday I might get a separate preamp for the ADI-2 Pro, but for now it will go back to my Hi-Fi system.
  4. C

Thanks guys. I purchased the Motu.
  5. C

Exactly -- is the Motu stuff and the M-Audio stuff doing AD/DA even if you just go from Preamp to Line Out? I have seen stuff like this that appears to be analog-analog, but there are no measurements of it that I can find: https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Age-Project-Pre-73-Mic/dp/B00VPIA9UW/...
  6. C

Right but then I’m not getting the benefit of the Rme AD converter, right?
  7. C

I have an RME ADI-2 PRO FS R BE which only has line-level inputs (no mic preamps). I was thinking of adding a Motu UltraLite-Mk5 or a M-Audio Air 192 | 6 as basically a Preamp (and using the RME as the USB / recording interface). I am impressed with both of these boxes as they appear basically...
  8. C

What a big vacuum tube! Single Ended Mono Block Power Amplifier

What is the X-Ray radiation output from a unit like this? Could it be a radiation/cancer hazard?
  9. C

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Interesting. I am using the MiniDSP SHD and I love it. (Although I use a different DAC for final D>A conversion). What don't you like about yours?
  10. C

I am absolutely loving mine. Best HiFI purchase I've made.
  11. C

SMSL SU-9 Pro not compatible with Mac

There is some serious quality control issues with Topping and SMSL. (I have an early M400). They sound great, but it’s really hit or miss when it comes to quality control and service.
  12. C

Zoom F6 Portable Field Recorder Review

@amirm Any interest in testing a Zoom F3 if I buy one? No rush on getting it back super fast.
  13. C

The best of everything, a system review: Apple TV 4K 2022, MiniDSP SHD, BlueSound Node, SMSL M400, Benchmark AHB2, Clarity M

I think I knew that, but I set it to fixed output. But upon reflection, I hate my DAC remote. I will have to try this!
  14. C

The best of everything, a system review: Apple TV 4K 2022, MiniDSP SHD, BlueSound Node, SMSL M400, Benchmark AHB2, Clarity M

Re the SMSL M400 — partly because I already owned it, partly because the MiniDSP resamples everything to 96khz and is not bit perfect, and partly because it technically has better specs/chips than the MiniDSP. (I sometimes plug directly into the M400 with an iPad via USB).
  15. C

Playing Apple Lossless on Bluesound Node

Get an external DAC. Plug in an iPad via USB. That is lossless Apple Music then. And switch to the Node for everything else (plug in the Node via SPIDF). Switch via the DAC's input switcher. Basically the best of both worlds.
  16. C

I wanted to share my system setup with everyone and provide a brief review of the component parts of the system. First, my goals in building the system: 1) Sound quality / room correction 2) reasonable ease of use for my wife and kids 3) ability to extract HDMI audio from my Apple TV for both...
  17. C

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

I hate to say it, but I am surprised at how bad the pictures on the first page look. I've heard NOTHING but good things about these speakers from an audio perspective, but outside of a dedicated theatre room, they really look out of place... Edit: I've read through the entire thread now, and...
  18. C

Sorry again. I think my post caused some confusion. I found that the hiss was in the *actual music file* and very obviously NOT caused by the AHB2. It is absolutely dead silent. My Outlaw 2200 amps however DID have hiss from the tweeters even when everything else was on "mute" or silent.
Top Bottom