Search results

1. C

KEF R Series Internal cabling

I recently bought a KEF R11 and I really like how they sound. I recently came across a tear down video of the same speaker . Everything looks nice but the internal cabling looks very generic. Do cables make a difference? If not, why the Reference series have very thick "higher end" cables? I...
  2. C

badly measuring products, what do you do with them after ASR?

I always wonder whats the general feeling of owners of their gear thats measured as bad here. When you send something for review you actively know that it may take a hit, and then the resale value is going to get a hit. ASR's popularity- does it impact sales , or resale of gear that were...
  3. C

Driver size and freq response

consider the scenario: I am using two midrange drivers one 4 inch and other one 12 inch in a room. I am using DSP to correct the freq resp at listening spot so that both of them sound same in freq resp. In a blind test will j be able to tell the difference in driver size ?
  4. C

Amp for measurement affects speaker performance ?

In many reviews I have seen that there are graphs of speakers but the associated test amps are not mentioned. Some speakers are high sensitivity and some low and some has weird impedances. Will distortion figures of speakers change with change in amps? For example here are two measurements...
  5. C

KEF R series (2018) vs REFERENCE(2014?!)

Reference series came up in 2014 if m not wrong. Then in 2018 came up the current R series. Looking at the measurements, it looks like both are flat enough. I have not seen dircetivity measurements of Reference Series. But from a technological standpoint isn’t R series more advanced as it...
Top Bottom