Search results

1. F

5.1 on a budget

Thanks! I am already using a pair of Quested V2108 in crossover with a KRK 8 inches sub, and I have a spare pair of Yamaha HS8, so I'll just need to buy a central speaker to complete the setup. Source mainly VLC media player. My best bet so far is the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen, not many...
  2. F

5.1 on a budget

Good evening folks, I would like my composer studio to feature a 5.1 setup with the sole aim of using it for watching movies, but I currently have a headache for the myriad of options available and I was wondering how you would proceed if you were in my shoes. My equipment: A windows based PC...
  3. F

Help me choose a pair of monitors (budget max €3500)

You guys have been really helpful, thank you all so much. Sadly I did not save my first measurements with REW as many things were going through my head a few months/weeks ago, so all I have are the pictures I posted here. But I am saving all the measurements I'm taking so far, and learning...
  4. F

Monitors: Quested V2108 (no sub). Tools: REW + Rode NT55. Listening position and monitors position: as the picture two posts above. This was the old measurement with the KH310. Could someone help me and guide me a little in interpreting these measurements? Thanks!
  5. F

Thank you all. Yesterday I installed a 120'' projector screen, the whole process took around eight hours. For some reason I noticed that the audio and bass response of my speakers improved significantly. Playing the tracks where I was hearing bass cancellation (around 40-80 Hz), now I'm...
  6. F

With the premise that I'm not gonna change the layout of my room for a long time as I lack the physical energy to move everything yet again (plus, I just ordered a 120'' screen for my projector, and I'm gonna hang it on the wall) I found this listening position absolutely phenomenal: I simply...
  7. F

What's your experience with the V2108? Did you have a chance to try them for a bit? They were all in the same price range, and price being (almost) equal, I simply bought what I preferred. They're big, bold and aestethically pleasing. The midrange is stellar, and I don't mind the "dark" tweeter...
  8. F

Not yet, but I'm really curious. I decided to take a break because work had piled up pretty significantly and I was honestly burnt out. But I figured I'd need at least four extra traps, two in each back corner one on top of the other. I will go with the HOFA but they increased in price to €180...
  9. F

Yes, they click when you put them in. They wiggle a bit of you move them but they don't come off. Thanks for the suggestions. I will listen and try to see if the problem happens again. Thanks. It definitely felt that the volume was exactly half of what it was supposed to be, and that's the...
  10. F

Cordial balanced XLR cables from Thomann.
  11. F

UPDATE: After two weeks, yesterday the left Quested was playing at inferior volume compared to the right one (both set to 0), roughly half. I swapped the R/L cables of my interface but the problem persisted, went back, wiggled a bit the cable behind the monitor, and everything went back to...
  12. F

The tweeter is the most critical part...

With the HS8, I always felt the mids had great presence and were materializing in front of me. With the Neumann's KH310, I felt the mids were coming from behind the speakers. I've talked to a few colleagues (composers) and two of them actually both went back to the HS8 for this reason, and I'm...
  13. F

Looking to upgrade near-field studio monitors

Did you already consider purchasing a good pair of cans? Regarding monitors, the HS8 are relatively cheap (I owned them for seven years) and can deliver some solid bass, assuming your room acoustics aren't caca.
  14. F

The Tremblor has awful reviews though, that's why I went with KRK. I am happy I bought a sub though because the bass of my Quested V2108 pales in comparison to the overall output and presence of the Neumann KH310 I had before these. Despite that, I'm mostly using them without sub when I'm working.
  15. F

The KRK10 was an interesting purchase for sure. It actually goes down to 30 Hz, has a nice auto standby function (resume takes from 3 to 5 seconds), and with a $10 footswitch I am able to bypass it. For movies, volume on 3/10 shakes my room. Setting it on 7/10 would probably make EVERYTHING...
  16. F

Here's a picture of the Quested V2108 in my studio, with HOFA basstraps in the front corners and a KRK 10'' subwoofer (not calibrated for music, just for movies). The HOFA traps brought absolutely zero changes but it's probably due to the fact that I'll need them in the corners behind me as...
  17. F

Thanks. Hans Zimmer does that as well. I bought the stands from the picture above because they support more weight and despite having a plate the same size, they feature two columns, whilst mine have one and wobble if you touch the speaker, and officially support 20 kg instead of 30. Also...
  18. F

I will, absolutely. I need better stands, and to lower the height from 100 cm to 80 cm to have the tweeter at the correct level. But my €50 Millennium stands cannot be lowered more than 100 cm. I am purchasing these today, sadly the choices for sturdy stands are worse here in Europe compared...
  19. F

I was thinking about the SSL2 as well. I sent the Komplete Audio 2 for repair, I would have preferred to return it with a refund but Thomann wants to repair it. Not sure what's the point, what stops the interface for showing the same problem a few weeks later? BTW the Quested came in and right...
  20. F

Thank you. From RME, the only available in stock interface is the MADIface, not sure what I'm gonna do with 136 channels though, my requirements are one or two inputs, a big knob for volume and stable Win 7 drivers. And as a bonus, something that won't break down after a month.
Top Bottom