Search results

1. Liya

A millennial's rant on classical music

Thanks, guys. After listening to both Emma Kirkby and Joel Frederiksen, I personally feel that female singers suit these songs better than male vocalists. Nigel North's rendition of "Lachrimae" is truly enchanting and exceptionally beautiful. I intend to explore other performances as suggested...
  2. Liya

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

Is it available to stream or buy?
  3. Liya

I decided to explore various threads here on ASR to see what classical music people enjoy. So far, one recommendation that stood out for me was John Dowland's "Lachrimae". After looking at what's available on streaming services, it seems like the recording by Phantasm with Elizabeth Kenny is the...
  4. Liya

I tend to lean towards more melancholic and sombre pieces rather than the lighter, more upbeat works from the baroque or Mozart era. However, I do appreciate what Théotime Langlois de Swarte brings to the baroque. His performances are elegant and melancholic yet still fresh and expressive. I'm...
  5. Liya

I agree and think that studying anything can be very engaging and rewarding. I know this from my own experience.
  6. Liya

Haha, I like it. It's not that I haven't listened to classical. I have been listening classical for the past 30 years. I have over 2000 albums sitting at the attic and ripped on my hard drive. I go weekly thru classical new releases. But the vast majority of classical makes me feel depressed and...
  7. Liya

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Graph listener? Graphs are simply worse. That's it. I did not mention distance. But, as you have mentioned it and as the name suggest, nearfiled monitors are indeed nearfiled, although Neumann recommend from 1 to 2,5 meter.
  8. Liya

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

They were £4k in the UK not long ago, and now £1500? Anyway, clearly worse in all departments than Neumann KH150. So even at the much reduced £1500 price + amp, still not worth the money, and never worth the money at the original £4000 price point.
  9. Liya

Personally, I think that a lot of Western art music is boring beyond comprehension. Throughout different periods and styles, there are just a few standout composers, with the rest producing music that's repetitive and uninspired. While I can stomach some Mahler, Bach, Chopin, Shostakovich, or...
  10. Liya

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

I don't buy products until they are where I want them to be.
  11. Liya

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

Thank you, I will check them out.
  12. Liya

Thank you. Well, I haven't clicked 'buy now' button yet on the LCD-X. Initially, I wanted Dan Clark's Expanse, then I though: 'I'm not spending that much on headphones' and I looked for cheaper planars... now, after reading about all sort of Audeze's 'problems', I am not sure again. Cheaper Aeon...
  13. Liya

Thank you Sir! In the linked file (LCD-X, 2021 revision) there is a preamp gain '-9db'. Should I just ignore it?
  14. Liya

I have RME DAC. 5 band eq. I don't think I can apply any -db pre amp. What are my options with the LCD-X and RME's eq?
  15. Liya

Harman acquires Roon

Same function - A to Z scrolling thru entire library to find album - on Audirvana and the iPhone's control app stays where I left it.
  16. Liya

Harman acquires Roon

For me, the most annoying issue was with Roon's iPhone app (controlling Roon Core on MacMini). I have a large library of over 8000 albums and - say - I was listening to some album from the middle of this vast catalogue, an artists whose name begins with the letter 'M'. Every time I left the app...
  17. Liya

ATC speakers / Monitors

It's very likely that ATC acquired competitive advantage early in the life of the market (that does it mean that they were first. The 'first' firms can sometimes make costly mistakes - technological, marketing etc - from which they may never recover). They established benchmark of technical...
Top Bottom