Search results

1. juliangst

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

I think it also depends on your room. In a rectangular room the first room mode will be at the front and rear wall and the second order on the side walls so you could strategically place highly capable subs at positions where those low frequency modes would lie. I think 4 capable subs in each...
  2. juliangst

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

You are using Blade 2 Metas as LCR, right? How do you incorporate a TV in that setup with the Blade 2 being relatively tall? Or it is just a surround music setup?
  3. juliangst

Can't you just configure for example a 5.0.2 instead of a 5.1.2 so that LFE gets distributed to the L+R anyway?
  4. juliangst

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

You can also place some of their speakers in your room with the AR feature
  5. juliangst

At least you got options. Of all the speakers you mentioned only the Kef and Buchardt are easily available here in the EU
  6. juliangst

The R3 Meta seems to be the sweet spot in the R lineup. The R5 Meta basically has the same performance as the R3 Meta and R7 and R11 are at least 2200€ more expensive than the R3 with stands. For those 2 grand you could get some good subs (Arendal 1961 1s for example) and have more extension...
  7. juliangst

I also think that this dip could be caused by the 'shadow flare'. Here's the R3 (non meta) for comparision from Erin's measurements
  8. juliangst

They might limit the amount of support channels based on the computing power of the Sharc DSP chips for lower end receivers. I don't think they would limit ART availability to their top end models. Bass control is also available for the X3800h as an $800 upgrade (for a ~1000€ receiver)
  9. juliangst

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

It's definitely one of the best passive speakers in the world. I'm not sure if I would get those at their current price though. The price is really similar to a Genelec W371 system or the Kii Three BXT and both of those feature cardiod bass down to ~50Hz and bass extension down to 20Hz
  10. juliangst

If you can trust KEF's distortion specs, the R11 Meta should be a lot better than the R7 Meta: R11 Meta: R7 Meta: R3 Meta somehow is a bit better than R7 Meta:
  11. juliangst

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Recently found out that B&O increased the prices again. The Beolab 90‘s price was increased to 120K last year or so and they recently increased it to 140.000€
  12. juliangst

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

The Muons really need an update even if it’s just a Halo product. Still impressive that those 15-ish year old passive speakers already had cardiod dispersion
  13. juliangst

New Magico M7 speakers

I like looking at impressively designed speakers like the Magicos but I can't think of any reason why anyone should buy these. What do speakers like those M7 offer over other high performance loudspeakers like the Revel Salon 2 or KEF Blades? It cannot be SPL because this tiny tweeter will give...
  14. juliangst

KEF KC92 and Kube MIE subwoofers

Isn’t the Arendal 1723 2S exactly that (but with 13.8“ driver)?
  15. juliangst

KEF KC92 and Kube MIE subwoofers

I wonder what the max SPL of those Kube MIE subs is going to be. Even my ~300€ 8" Canton sub has 200W RMS of power. There is no way a 300W amp can drive a 15" driver to it's max potential, is there?
  16. juliangst

Buchardt Audio SUB10

The SVS SB-3000 in wall also has a pretty small volume back box and SVS claims 107.6dB@32 Hz in 1/8 space (which would be 98.6Hz in full space). I wonder how far those micro subs can be pushed with good drivers and enough power
  17. juliangst

The wait is over: Genelec 8381A point source main monitor has arrived

Does the soundstage appear higher up compared to tweeter/midrange speakers on ear level? This could be a deal breaker for people who intend to use speakers like those in the living room. On this living room pic from Genelec's website they indeed have a pretty large angle downwards:
  18. juliangst

The wait is over: Genelec 8381A point source main monitor has arrived

I wonder if it's noticable that the tweeter/midrange is so much higher than on regular hifi speakers. It makes sense to have them higher up for people who sit in an office chair and do actual work on them but for home listening in a lounge chair or on a sofa they will always point down at you.
  19. juliangst

KEF LSX II

I might actually consider getting these LSX II LT. I don't need high SPL at my 1-2m listening distance and the KEF app would allow to set a high pass filter which I currently can't do with my LS50 (non meta) and integrated amp setup. Is this a good idea or am I missing something?
  20. juliangst

KEF LSX II

100W should be easy for USB-C. The next gen USB-C will even be capable of 240W of power delivery. I also highly doubt that those drivers combined will handle anything near 100W before distortion heavily kicks in. The LS50 Meta which Erin recently tested had 3%-10% distortion at the maximum...
Top Bottom